Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Builds, Powers, and Game Mechanics (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   Romulan boffs still not quite right? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=551291)

sirsri 02-14-2013 10:15 AM

Romulan boffs still not quite right?

So I just checked the romulan boffs

Rare quality:

Eng and Sci:
Male: Superior Subterfuge
Female: basic subterfuge

Tac:
Male: Superior Operative
Female: operative

Very rare:

All superior subterfuge.

Also, the female boffs still aren't 'Romulan Female' the way the male ones are "Romulan Male' (I'm presuming this is how the bug with leadership was finally diagnosed with playable romulans in testing).

Shouldn't the very rare boffs have the superior traits, males and females the same? With Rare boffs with normal quality and uncommon with 'basic'? Right now why would you ever take a Rare romulan female boff that is strictly worse than a male one other than RP reasons? Yes they have different bridge officer abilities but those are trainable.

It's a lot of fleet credits and dil to spend on something that looks like it should be strictly superseded by something else when a fix goes through. Some clarification on what is supposed to happen might be nice.

arcademaster 02-14-2013 10:22 AM

Thanks for making this known, I was going to buy some female boffs as soon as my fleet reached the required holdings.

Buying one now would be a pretty serious mistake. They never retro-actively change these things, any boff bought now will be stuck with the weak traits forever. Considering the massive cost... hell...

cerritourug 02-14-2013 10:52 AM

Yes, I agree this Boffs are still pretty much wrong.
When was the Embassy launched? And still, we don?t have what we paid.

sirsri 02-14-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cerritourug (Post 8056311)
Yes, I agree this Boffs are still pretty much wrong.
When was the Embassy launched? And still, we don?t have what we paid.

Indeed. The fleet I'm in will hit embassy 3 later this evening (well, 10.5 hours), making the Very Rare boffs available.

I thought Cryptic were fixing them in this patch (they certainly changed the ability names and effects properly). And this *might* be working as badly designed, rather than working as intended.

At this point I'd like to know what they're supposed to be, and I can decide from there what to do.

vesolc 02-14-2013 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arcademaster (Post 8055071)
Thanks for making this known, I was going to buy some female boffs as soon as my fleet reached the required holdings.

Buying one now would be a pretty serious mistake. They never retro-actively change these things, any boff bought now will be stuck with the weak traits forever. Considering the massive cost... hell...

Yes they do. They just changed some in last patch.

illcadia 02-18-2013 07:48 PM

as another note, the sci/eng boffs say they increase cloak effectiveness and provide a damage buff when decloaking. The stealth buff applies to all stealth powers across the board. However the damage buff doesn't exist/work.

kaarruu 02-20-2013 03:52 PM

Here we have a thread discussing the woeful state of Romulan Boffs. je11yfish's post at the end gives a nice summary of thus far unresolved issues.

Tribble patch notes suggest this hasn't been looked into yet. Kind of puzzling, really. It's not as if this were some elusive glitch they can't locate; someone goofed up a few copypastes and apparently not enough people have access to this particular content for it to matter.