Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   ET Breaks EBC (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=551391)

p2wsucks 02-14-2013 10:44 AM

ET Breaks EBC

It seems ET now "repairs" shields of a cloaked ship causing the ship to decloak. I know when I self targeted on my B'rel this happens. I removed doffs to makes sure they weren't a cause. I didn't check to see if this was a potentional team grief, but it's feasible sending an ET to a cloaked ally may decloak them.

shookyang 02-14-2013 10:47 AM

I thought Engineering Team did a hull heal, not a shield heal.

In any case, this sucks. I can only have 3 hull heals on my B'rel. :(

p2wsucks 02-14-2013 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shookyang (Post 8056111)
I thought Engineering Team did a hull heal, not a shield heal.

In any case, this sucks. I can only have 3 hull heals on my B'rel. :(

It also repairs downed subsystems, in this case the "repair" restores shields (down b/c of cloak) and breaks the cloak.

dontdrunkimshoot 02-14-2013 11:27 AM

HAHAHAHAHA oh boy, that cloak disabled a subsystem, better repair it! :D thanks ET, your so helpful

redricky 02-14-2013 11:29 AM

Apparently the Engineering Team and the Communications Officer have the same bet going on with the guy running the cloak to see who can make the Captain's head explode first.

GG Cryptic.

p2wsucks 02-14-2013 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot (Post 8057851)
HAHAHAHAHA oh boy, that cloak disabled a subsystem, better repair it! :D thanks ET, your so helpful

It used to have a weird effect for the 5 sec duration of turning on and off shield power and maintaining the cloak. I'm guessing it has to do w/the VM counter fix.

virusdancer 02-14-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p2wsucks (Post 8055981)
I didn't check to see if this was a potentional team grief

Would it be horribly wrong of me to conduct extensive testing of this in Ker'rat? :)

In all seriousness though, how often do folks toss out that ET as a hull heal to a recently recloaked boat trying to be helpful? I know that even on my guys that rarely heal anybody - that sometimes I'll do that to help them out.

Oh...even better than Ker'rat, eh? STFs? The B'rel is moving into position - hit them with DOFF'd APD and ET them.

Doh, must not be EVIL...ahem.

p2wsucks 02-14-2013 11:36 AM

I haven't checked if it effects other cloaks or just the B'rel.

Edit: I checked KDF Vet ship w/my Tac, it doesn't "fix" cloak, ie the cloak isn't broken when I use ET w/this ship.

naevius 02-14-2013 11:46 AM

Too bad it doesn't restore shields while leaving you cloaked...that I could live with.

gong1fu1panda 02-14-2013 12:00 PM

Enhanced battle cloack unintentional deactivation

Hi,
is it normal the enhanced battle cloack deactivates completely when under heavy fire? I only use torpedo attacks and by deactivation I mean completely shut down triggering the timer.

Thx for reply!