Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Galactic News Network (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Priority One Supplemental Interview (Part 2) (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=554541)

pwebranflakes 02-15-2013 06:39 PM

Priority One Supplemental Interview (Part 2)

In part two of a supplemental episode of Priority One, Lead Designer Al "CaptainGeko" Rivera stops by to answer community submitted questions.

Link to the interview.

psycoticvulcan 02-15-2013 07:00 PM

Would someone be kind enough to provide a transcript? I have trouble paying attention to audio-only podcasts.

chalpen 02-15-2013 07:42 PM

I like the fact that he admitted that the kdf needed more costumes.
I like the way the interview was conducted.
He is an honest man.

I don't think anyone would have been upset if there was a fleet vet ship. I think we all expect it coming too be honest. We are all a bit suprised that it hasn't happened yet.
BUT, please do not release the console on the vet ship to the fleet ships. But allow the fleet ship to use the vet console.

I wish he could tell us if a Fleet karfi was incoming (with a new skin).

cidstorm 02-15-2013 08:15 PM

There were some great bits in there.

FAW is well explained, but it sounds like it still needs to be ironed out because it involves an ability spanning programming issue.

A grid like territorial pvp system would only come after fixing normal pvp.

The Constellation class looks like it will be the next major star fleet canon c-store ship, with the picard maneuver console.

The Norway class might be one of the last canon additions star fleet wise.

Crafting expansion is a PWE mandate, but can only happen after May.

PVP will likely take things from NW, like the foundry.

The Negh'Var will likely be the next Klingon +1 c-store ship or something.

sparhawk 02-15-2013 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cidstorm (Post 8105601)
There were some great bits in there.

FAW is well explained, but it sounds like it still needs to be ironed out because it involves an ability spanning programming issue.

A grid like territorial pvp system would only come after fixing normal pvp.

The Constellation class looks like it will be the next major star fleet canon c-store ship, with the picard maneuver console.

The Norway class might be one of the last canon additions star fleet wise.

Crafting expansion is a PWE mandate, but can only happen after May.

PVP will likely take things from NW, like the foundry.

The Negh'Var will likely be the next Klingon +1 c-store ship or something.

Thanks for posting an summary.

cidstorm 02-15-2013 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparhawk (Post 8105691)
Thanks for posting an summary.

No problem, I apologize for any mistakes.

The Picard maneuver will interesting, I feel like they will need to do more than just the warp jump to make it worth a console. Other wise I don't see much use for it outside of shortening aphastrike distances, or brief attack evasion. Maybe they could add a decloak damage bonus to it or something.

tsurutafan01 02-15-2013 08:37 PM

I think it could work something like the Tier 5 Romulan rep power. Maybe like 3 seconds you can't be hit but can keep on firing.

tuskin67 02-15-2013 08:39 PM

I think we should have an official poll for some of the weird/Wolf 359 ships, see how many people want them.

cidstorm 02-15-2013 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tuskin67 (Post 8105891)
I think we should have an official poll for some of the weird ships, see how much of forum fanbase wants them.

I want the wolf 359 ships so bad.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsurutafan01 (Post 8105851)
I think it could work something like the Tier 5 Romulan rep power. Maybe like 3 seconds you can't be hit but can keep on firing.

That would be pretty fitting, but it brings up the whole ships are capable of targeting at warp thing, which kind of renders the maneuver useless doesn't it?

knuhteb5 02-15-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chalpen (Post 8105311)
I like the fact that he admitted that the kdf needed more costumes.

KDF have been needing new costumes for a very, very, very long time. If he just realized it now, that doesn't bode well for us.

I'll listen to the interview tomorrow as I'm too tired. a +1 negh'var sounds pretty sweet.