Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Art of Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=216)
-   -   Fleet Starbase Personnel Uniforms (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=554591)

hanatqfish 02-15-2013 06:56 PM

Fleet Starbase Personnel Uniforms
 
Would we be able to make it so Starbase and Embassy personnel uniforms can be changed, to fleet uniforms so it seems more like a "Fleet Area" instead of another ESD?

centersolace 02-15-2013 08:07 PM

And on our personal ships? :(

xigbarg 02-15-2013 10:02 PM

I'm amazed they don't use the "Fleet Uniform" that are provided to all fleet members and something that fleet leaders can change. Never did understood the top dog and alpha cat titles that are given to them though.

suprcheese 02-15-2013 10:24 PM

This can even already be done with unofficial mods... this has been requested many times and I can't ever recall it being answered.

diotw 02-16-2013 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suprcheese (Post 8107071)
This can even already be done with unofficial mods... this has been requested many times and I can't ever recall it being answered.

Firstly, is that sort of thing even allowed in this game? And secondly, if it is, how? I would love to have the random NPCs wearing the uniform I chose as standard for all my characters.

suprcheese 02-17-2013 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diotw (Post 8108311)
Firstly, is that sort of thing even allowed in this game? And secondly, if it is, how? I would love to have the random NPCs wearing the uniform I chose as standard for all my characters.

I don't know whether it's officially allowed, as they're unofficial and nobody's asked of yet.

josephdridgeway 02-17-2013 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suprcheese (Post 8132281)
I don't know whether it's officially allowed, as they're unofficial and nobody's asked of yet.

Plus, if it were possible, it's against the TOS to even discuss it here on these forums.

stardestroyer001 02-17-2013 08:01 PM

It's against the TOS to use mods to try and improve the game?

(I am in no way saying I endorse it or use it, on the contrary. I am just offering another perspective.)

suprcheese 02-18-2013 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stardestroyer001 (Post 8141181)
It's against the TOS to use mods to try and improve the game?

Wouldn't surprise me. Anyway, simple Google searches should be used to find out more information.

nynik 02-18-2013 12:23 AM

Cryptic should have learned from past mistakes when designing the fleet system (in multiple ways).

Certainly, tweaking the NPCs in all the old interior ship maps is a job best kept for a time when a complete interior ship revamp can be put onto the table.

However, their lapse in exercising good foresight when not providing an NPC uniform toggle on these new maps speaks to their continued demeanor of undervaluing legitimate community requests for what should be obvious inclusions in a Star Trek game. Uniforms are important. Not as important as fixing ship bugs or mechanics, but surely they deserve consideration, inclusion, when designing new features and new maps.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:06 AM.