Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Controls, User Interface, and the STO Gateway (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=126)
-   -   The New Character Creator and What We Want (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=555541)

nalo 02-16-2013 01:42 PM

The New Character Creator and What We Want

:D
So the name says it all What are your hopes for when this launches?

thay8472 02-16-2013 03:28 PM

biggest hope is it dosnt **** up my current characters looks.

sander233 02-16-2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thay8472 (Post 8121401)

This.

Also would be nice if I could change the appearance of my Marauder BOff at the tailor...

elandarksky 02-16-2013 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sander233 (Post 8122261)
This.

Also would be nice if I could change the appearance of my Marauder BOff at the tailor...

This would be a BIG one for me :)..

Something im hoping for is more realistic physics, too often i have a female toon in a skirt with what can only be described as galactic flatulence, that bolt of cloth wont sit still!
And her hair must be held with some kind of miracle hairspray O.o;

Just some small hopes;
  • better makeup shading
  • compound injuries (for rp purpose :D)
  • more hair styles, shades and maybe multi-shade tints etc
  • A few kdf costumes wouldnt go amiss :rolleyes:
  • a wierd hope, if i have a character that has a bare chest (orion male) or a lady with revealing clothing, for them not to look positively anoerixic, rib cages freak me out :|
  • A few more colour choices for KDF toons on uniforms, I have 9 toons bored of dark grey, dark red, dark blue and dark yellow/brown, need something more <.< (yes colours like pink and pale blue are not really 'KDF' but there is so much more spectrum, that or give us some off duty clothing! >:Z)

And a big one about the UI of the creator..

LET ME ZOOM WHERE I WANT!
If im customizing my shoes, i don't want to zoom into my face :D

jcsww 02-16-2013 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thay8472 (Post 8121401)

Definitely that but I'm expecting too much by hoping for that! The ability to mix and match all costume options, duty or off duty, rank styles, etc. More KDF costume options and more Fed also. All of the uniforms completely redone so they don't look like 8-bit clothing! The return of the retro Gorn skins and colors.

daveyny 02-16-2013 06:48 PM

I just want it to NOT mess up the game with some stupid BUG that keeps people from being able to play...

idrona 02-16-2013 08:51 PM

If I could wish for it to be anything, I'd say just make it like the one EVE Online has. Anyone that have tried it after November 30th, 2010 knows what I'm talking about. Found this decent YouTube video on the subject.

twg042370 02-16-2013 10:11 PM

I'd like breasts to not look like two lumps glued to either side of the chest and instead look like they're under a uniform.

I'd like a heap more hairstyles. It's easy to find some lady's fashion magazines for references.

Some original foreheads and nose pieces. Some more trouser options.

Some more variety in the Saurian and Gorn heads.

Maybe more for KDF over all.

archofwinter 02-16-2013 11:44 PM

As long as they don't decrease the numbers of possible outcome of how a character looks, I'm fine.
I don't see the point of changing the creator if they are going to take away certain sliders and options.

podsix 02-17-2013 01:12 AM

1. Comm-badges that better fit the boob sliders.
    It can't be that difficult.
  2. A better looking WOK Badge
    You can do better.
  3. More "bare forehead" hairs.
    This is Star Trek.. weird foreheads are like our 'thing'.. let us show them off!
  4. Consistent customization options across gender
    Really.. there's no excuse for the men being able to color their TMP insignia, and women can't.