Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Windows and General: PC, Network, and Other Technical Issues (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=401)
-   -   Updater Memory Leak (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=55630)

Archived Post 01-11-2010 06:48 PM

Updater Memory Leak
 
The game is updating atm (I have the D2D version), but the memory is getting very high....

It's going up as it progresses.

The download is at 4078.6MB out of 10gb (40.0%), and memory usage right now is at 642mb.

I mean I have plenty of ram, but this might become a problem...

Thanks

Archived Post 01-11-2010 07:00 PM

Quote:

The game is updating atm (I have the D2D version), but the memory is getting very high....

It's going up as it progresses.

The download is at 4078.6MB out of 10gb (40.0%), and memory usage right now is at 642mb.

I mean I have plenty of ram, but this might become a problem...

Thanks
What program are you using to do the download?

Archived Post 01-11-2010 07:01 PM

Hey CodeRanger, I've had this problem for a while now too. Using the "old" client.

Archived Post 01-11-2010 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coderanger
What program are you using to do the download?

Using the Star Trek Online updater, v CL_2010_01_06_22_23

Archived Post 01-11-2010 07:07 PM

I can toss a screenie if needed, but dont wanna post it on these forums, gonna kill my website lol

Archived Post 01-11-2010 07:10 PM

Quote:

Using the Star Trek Online updater, v CL_2010_01_06_22_23
You should have 0 patch if you downloaded the installer from D2D. Can you please send me a link to whatever it is you got from D2D?

Archived Post 01-11-2010 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coderanger
You should have 0 patch if you downloaded the installer from D2D. Can you please send me a link to whatever it is you got from D2D?

Btw you can go 'technical' if you want, im no average computer user ;)

The name of the zip file is Star_Trek_OB_ST_0_20100108a_dd.zip.

Archived Post 01-11-2010 07:17 PM

Quote:

Btw you can go 'technical' if you want, im no average computer user ;)

The name of the zip file is Star_Trek_OB_ST_0_20100108a_dd.zip.
Hmm, and inside that was a setup.exe, a directx/ folder, and a bunch of .hogg files, right?

Archived Post 01-11-2010 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coderanger
Hmm, and inside that was a setup.exe, a directx/ folder, and a bunch of .hogg files, right?

That is correct. The setup.exe is also digitaly signed by Cryptic Studios, on the 8th of January 2010, 14:36:30.

Archived Post 01-11-2010 07:31 PM

Hmm, thats interesting, I don't seem to have a problem, but I'm using the latest one from D2D.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:19 PM.