Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Klingon Fleetyards (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=217)
-   -   Borticus/Rivera: Issue with Zstore-Fleet Ship: B'rel Retro (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=556331)

cmdrskyfaller 02-17-2013 06:55 AM

Borticus/Rivera: Issue with Zstore-Fleet Ship: B'rel Retro
 
Devs,


There is a problem with the B'rel Retrofit in the fleet ship system. Namely, its only unique and selling feature for the zstore, its enhanced cloaking device, is built-in and being given away in the fleet ship when no other zstore ship has this feature.

What then, do those that purchased the zstore version get for their purchase?

Cstore purchasers: Paid 2500 zen + 1 fleet module to upgrade (500zen) = 3k zen.
Non-cstore purchasers: Pay 2000 zen (500x4) to get the full & upgraded b'rel.

A slap in the face it seems :(


I would like to suggest the following:

Give the Zstore B'rel a DEVICE (not console) that will synergize with its enhanced cloak. Available only from the Zstore and transferable to the Fleet B'rel and to ANY future birds of prey that have enhanced cloak.

This device has two functions:

Passive: Removes global timer on torpedoes and mines during AMBUSH effect (post-decloak 5s window). In essence, it allows the Enhanced cloak ship to fire all torpedoes at once. This is the synergy portion with the enhanced cloak.

Active: 1 minute to re-use, 10 second duration: During the time the device is active, high yield torpedoes receive a small damage and speed bonus based on ship's weapon power level; torpedo spread attacks receive +1 target to hit with spread based on weapon power level. This is the active synergy portion of the device.

Essentially, there are four 'power ups', each based on per-30 wep power.

30: HY: +4% dmg +10% speed ; SPRD: +1 tgt
60: HY: +8% dmg +15% speed; SPRD: +2 tgt
90: HY: +12% dmg + 20% speed;SPRD: +3 tgt
120: HY: +18% dmg +25% speed;SPRD: +4 tgt

Note torp spread does not increase damage but rather only increases number of ships the spread will hit.

Since the b'rel is essentially the premier torpedo boat of the game, this device allows it to make good use of the enhanced cloak AND provides an incentive to use weapon power on the b'rel retro rather than running very high engine/aux and ignoring weapons and shields.

With this zstore exclusive device that comes with the b'rel retro, the zstore ship will remain market-able and the fleet version remains market-able. Just like the federation's coming dreadnought (cloak console), adv. escort (multi-vector), armitage (torp def. console) , etc,etc.

stirling191 02-17-2013 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmdrskyfaller (Post 8130511)
This device has two functions:

Passive: Removes global timer on torpedoes and mines. In essence, it allows the Enhanced cloak ship to fire all torpedoes at once. This is the synergy portion with the enhanced cloak.

Active: 1 minute to re-use, 10 second duration: During the time the device is active, high yield torpedoes receive a small damage and speed bonus based on ship's weapon power level; torpedo spread attacks receive +1 target to hit with spread based on weapon power level. This is the active synergy portion of the device.

You're kidding right? Do you have any idea what a 3x PWO setup could do with such a device?

cmdrskyfaller 02-17-2013 07:36 AM

Im terrible with acronyms. PWO?

captainbmoney 02-17-2013 07:40 AM

this looks like another 'Nerf KDF' to me.

weylandjuarez 02-17-2013 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmdrskyfaller (Post 8130511)
Devs,


There is a problem with the B'rel Retrofit in the fleet ship system. Namely, its only unique and selling feature for the zstore, its enhanced cloaking device, is built-in and being given away in the fleet ship when no other zstore ship has this feature. It doesn't even have a fleet module cost reduction.

If you bought it from the C-Store with Zen (as opposed to getting it with a sub/LTS VA token) then the Fleet B'rel should be available for 1 Fleet Ship Module.

If it's not, then that's a bug. PWO is Projectile Weapons Officer Doff BTW ;)

bpharma 02-17-2013 08:02 AM

I looked earlier and the fleet b'rel is only 1 module as I have the c-store version. However given that the special thing about buying the c-store b'rel was the enhanced battle cloak I'm not too happy about everyone else being able to get it for 16-20 million ec.

Perhaps a special console or something for those of us who did get the C-store version would be nice but not something that is clearly OP like the above suggestion.

cmdrskyfaller 02-17-2013 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weylandjuarez (Post 8131051)
If you bought it from the C-Store with Zen (as opposed to getting it with a sub/LTS VA token) then the Fleet B'rel should be available for 1 Fleet Ship Module.

If it's not, then that's a bug. PWO is Projectile Weapons Officer Doff BTW ;)

Ah thanks. I see your point.

They can just make the active ability work only during the decloak ambush bonus timer then. That would fix that problem since it only lasts for 5 seconds. :)

Edited original post to add that. good catch!


Quote:

Originally Posted by bpharma (Post 8131331)
I looked earlier and the fleet b'rel is only 1 module as I have the c-store version. However given that the special thing about buying the c-store b'rel was the enhanced battle cloak I'm not too happy about everyone else being able to get it for 16-20 million ec.

Perhaps a special console or something for those of us who did get the C-store version would be nice but not something that is clearly OP like the above suggestion.

Bolded is exactly my point. No other ship in the game has the built in ability/console. I'm not sure how they will handle the galaxy dreadnought fleet ..no cloaking device im guessing (but the lance really is the defining feature of that ship not the crappy cloak).

In any case, by paying less zen than we paid for the b'rel cstore people would be getting the full b'rel with better stats and an extra console.

Essentially:

Cstore purchasers: Paid 2500 zen + 1 fleet module to upgrade (500zen) = 3k zen.
Non-cstore purchasers: Pay 2000 zen (500x4) to get the full & upgraded b'rel.

That is very wrong.

stirling191 02-17-2013 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmdrskyfaller (Post 8131601)
Ah thanks. I see your point.

They can just make the active ability work only during the decloak ambush bonus timer then. That would fix that problem since it only lasts for 5 seconds. :)

Edited original post to add that. good catch!

Even then it would be ludicrous. You're talking about putting twelve non-tricobalt torpedoes downrange in those five seconds (assuming at least two of the forward launchers procs a PWO, which with purples is a not inconceivable scenario).

I get that you're trying to balance out a c-store versus fleet ship pickle, but the ability you're proposing is absolutely not the way to go.

weylandjuarez 02-17-2013 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmdrskyfaller (Post 8131601)
No other ship in the game has the built in ability/console.

The exact same ability? No. But the Fleet Excelsior has the same (non-console) Transwarp capability of the C-Store version (and costs 5 Fleet Modules if you don't have the C-Store one) so there is a precedent, besides - if you're thinking of buying the Fleet Excel/B'rel you're better off buying the C-Store one (for an account unlock) and then using one Fleet Module to get the Fleet variant (it costs the same in Zen).

Of course, you could just buy the 5 Modules with EC but these are old ships, with incremental upgrades - I've had my Excel for a long time now and it was worth every penny - I wouldn't begrudge players getting the Fleet one for 25 million ECs - heck, I'd welcome more Excelsior Captains :)

ussboleyn 02-17-2013 08:31 AM

I thought the fleet b'rel cost 5 fleet modules.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:46 AM.