Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Academy (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   Does no one talk?...and boff bug (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=556961)

itpalg 02-17-2013 05:53 PM

Does no one talk?
 
edit: to clarify, this is about asking in-game with not one person replying. I did do the bridge trick which worked. I still do not see anyone talking outside of the special channel I joined I found on STOwiki.


So I get the boff bug after gaining Lt Comdr, get in my other ship, and figure hey I will go to another sector like I have seen people talking in zone chat.

Two sectors crossed and going down to Memory Alpha and still I can not get them in. I even tried relogging.

I asked in space, and I asked on the planet in zone chat and no one single reply to even if anyone can see chat/is alive.

I thought I used to see a lot of chat on the Earth star base but for some reason it is dead silent.

I rechecked my chat and zone, etc are all checked.

akalayus 02-17-2013 06:41 PM

I don't know the solution for the boff issue, but as for chat, try Earth Space Dock. It's generally the most active zone.

itpalg 02-17-2013 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itpalg (Post 8139851)
So I get the boff bug after gaining Lt Comdr, get in my other ship, and figure hey I will go to another sector like I have seen people talking in zone chat.

Two sectors crossed and going down to Memory Alpha and still I can not get them in. I even tried relogging.

I asked in space, and I asked on the planet in zone chat and no one single reply to even if anyone can see chat/is alive.

I thought I used to see a lot of chat on the Earth star base but for some reason it is dead silent.

I rechecked my chat and zone, etc are all checked.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akalayus (Post 8140321)
I don't know the solution for the boff issue, but as for chat, try Earth Space Dock. It's generally the most active zone.


....................

f9thaceshigh 02-17-2013 08:48 PM

I've heard that going to your bridge can help, although I haven't had to try it.

As for the chat, I have no idea why you aren't seeing anyone talking in ESD, are you sure you didn't uncheck the zone box? Maybe you're on the wrong tab.

itpalg 02-17-2013 09:50 PM

Is no one reading what I type?

I said above I checked the boxes and zone is checked, etc.

I even reset all my chat tabs to default.

jaxjaguars 02-18-2013 12:54 AM

Yeah whoops. Edit begone. pooofff

itpalg 02-18-2013 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaxjaguars (Post 8144171)
Best suggestion was transwarping to a Fleet Starbase. I have also seen other suggestions like taking a Delta Volanis mission and entering a Borg Red Alert

Uh...wrong thread?

itpalg 02-18-2013 01:57 PM

Just asked in Starbase 39 in zone chat a question....even told people to tell me if people are talking and I just can't see it for some reason to send me a message.

No one did.

sumghai 02-18-2013 02:16 PM

Have you (possibly) annoyed anyone in any way that warranted in-game silencing?

itpalg 02-18-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sumghai (Post 8159691)
Have you (possibly) annoyed anyone in any way that warranted in-game silencing?

Uh the entire population?

If people would read what the problem is (again):

I do not see the chatter I used to see in zone chat when I first started the game a few days ago.

No one replies to questions or I do not see if they are replying if in fact there is a problem with chat. Otherwise I am finding STO to be a very quiet game when it comes to chat channels.

The only chatter I have seen has been from Storp.org chat which I found on STO wiki, and that seems to be greatly reduced since the first two days I joined it.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:45 AM.