Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Klingon Fleetyards (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=217)
-   -   KDF's 'Kumari' equivalent. We aint getting any but this would be nice... (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=557681)

cmdrskyfaller 02-18-2013 10:04 AM

KDF's 'Kumari' equivalent. We aint getting any but this would be nice...
 
I for one am tired of getting copy/paste versions of federation ships.

Instead, this is what I would've wished the devs would have made and release alongside the kumari: A unique featured KDF ship.


Ship class: Hybrid (KDF equivalent to multi-mission cruisers...we get hybrid raptors!)

Mogh Class Advanced Raptor.

The Mogh Class advanced raptor is a hybrid in all forms. It combines the aggressiveness in firepower of a raptor with the speed and ambush of a bird of prey. As a further hybridization, this ship also contains elements of science ships and cruisers in its design.

Features: Battle Cloak,Universal Boff Stations (Cmdr & 3 Lt Cmdr slots), Bird Of Prey shields & speed, Raptor Hull & turn rate, native subsystem targeting (sci element), native boarding party 1 (unique cruiser element) +5 to all power levels (cruiser element), 500 crew (sci/cruiser element). Can equip cannons.

Unique Feature: Lance weapon that charges up only when ship cloaked and that can only be fired 5s after decloak. Lance weapon beam is antiproton damage type. Charge time: 45 seconds.

Weapon loadout: 3 fore, 3 aft (sci element), fore lance (unique).

Unique Console: Inertial Disruptor.

Activating the console creates a 5km bubble around the ship that for 15 seconds warps inertia stats on ship within the bubble: their is inertia increased tremendously so no ship can change vector and their turn rate is reduced to thruster-level. Ship emitting the bubble only receives penalty to vector change but it can still turn the nose around at its normal rate. In essence, everyone inside the bubble cannot change vector and only the bubble-emitting ship can turn the nose around while inside the effect.

This ship would be unique to KDF in the sense that it would be only ship in the game to have elements from all ship types yet not receive an overpowering advantage.

From Birds of Prey: Universal Stations, shields, speed.
From Raptors: Hull, turn rate.
From Science ship: weapon slots, native subsystem targeting & crew size.
From cruisers: +power bonus, native boarding party (c'mon this is quite klingon!).

The unique console and unique ability of inertia disruption and lance work hand in hand with each other. The inertia disruption allows this ship to perform attacks on ships with its lance weaponry and abilities while they are unable to change facing or vector.

dma1986 02-18-2013 10:21 AM

Could it not have sensor analysis instead of subsystem targeting?

It'd make stalking your prey more useful, and I doubt many would put beams on a raptor hull.

cmdrskyfaller 02-18-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dma1986 (Post 8152771)
Could it not have sensor analysis instead of subsystem targeting?

It'd make stalking your prey more useful, and I doubt many would put beams on a raptor hull.

No, that would be overpowering given the lance weapon and the fact you can target something while cloaked. subsystem is there to provide a very flexible pool of abilities you dont need to dedicate boff slots for.

codyniz1 02-18-2013 01:14 PM

A lance would have a cooldown time way longer than 45 s. Try 3 minutes, like the Galaxy X's.

drkfrontiers 02-18-2013 01:33 PM

This is just so sad.

I don't mean offence to any in the thread, it just astounds me the level at which Cryptic neglect a segment of their own customers.

illcadia 02-18-2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drkfrontiers (Post 8158301)
This is just so sad.

I don't mean offence to any in the thread, it just astounds me the level at which Cryptic neglect a segment of their own customers.

It astounds *me* that you guys don't think Cryptic looks at how many people play KDF regularly, versus how many play fed.

It astounds me that you think it's actually worth the investment in making new KDF C store content that maybe a hundred players, max, will buy in the absolute best case scenario, compared to the thousands of fed players.

Do they make less KDF content? Absolutely. Is it 'astounding'? Not in the slightest. It's just the demographics. If we had anywhere near faction user number parity, you'd be seeing far and above more KDF content being released. But with most KDF fleets being 25 players, and the entire KDF faction numbering significantly less than the FED faction, and of those significantly less players, an even fewer number actually commit to C-store purchases for the KDF... how exactly are they going to make money here?

Everyone goes "If they released stuff in the C store, I'd buy it", but all I ever see are "I'm not buying anything from the C-store until they release more content" threads, so in essence you're saying "Don't produce more content, because I'm not going to buy it. I'll only buy it if you produce it and release it for free and I decide I like it, at which point it's free so why should I have to buy it anyways?"

dixa1 02-18-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by codyniz1 (Post 8157761)
A lance would have a cooldown time way longer than 45 s. Try 3 minutes, like the Galaxy X's.

guramba is 1 minute

lordgyor 02-18-2013 05:02 PM

Personally I'd like to see some kind of Ferasan or Lethean ship of some sort.

farmallm 02-18-2013 05:11 PM

I'm glad they did the latest ship the Kamarag. Other than adding the Breen ship to my KDF. So in a way I'm giving some ships to my KDF that isn't offered in C store. With my Fed being all Fed type ships. The Andorian will give him a different ship. I'm kinda trying to keep a trend going. Andorian is more Fed, while the Breen is more KDF. With the Jem'Hadar released I can see that for my KDF. To go with my theme I'm creating with my Captains.

I been playing for nearly a year now, and saw they don't give KDF ships or good content. So in turn I gotten used to it. I still play KDF each week so its not sitting on the shelf due to my Fed I also play. So I try to balance them out. And try to balance out the ships as well.

I'm still waiting to see the K'Vort come to the game. To see how that one will play out. Since its a big BOP and considered a Battlecruiser. So it will be interesting to see how STO will do with it.

drkfrontiers 02-19-2013 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by illcadia (Post 8159081)
It astounds *me* that you guys don't think Cryptic looks at how many people play KDF regularly, versus how many play fed.

It astounds me that you think it's actually worth the investment in making new KDF C store content that maybe a hundred players, max, will buy in the absolute best case scenario, compared to the thousands of fed players.

Do they make less KDF content? Absolutely. Is it 'astounding'? Not in the slightest. It's just the demographics. If we had anywhere near faction user number parity, you'd be seeing far and above more KDF content being released. But with most KDF fleets being 25 players, and the entire KDF faction numbering significantly less than the FED faction, and of those significantly less players, an even fewer number actually commit to C-store purchases for the KDF... how exactly are they going to make money here?

Everyone goes "If they released stuff in the C store, I'd buy it", but all I ever see are "I'm not buying anything from the C-store until they release more content" threads, so in essence you're saying "Don't produce more content, because I'm not going to buy it. I'll only buy it if you produce it and release it for free and I decide I like it, at which point it's free so why should I have to buy it anyways?"

And it astounds me that someone could be so naive to think that the number of KDF players there are, is directly affected by the state of the relationship between Cryptic and the KDF.

And please ... try and not make sweeping generalizations, or put words in my mouth.

NEVER, has Cryptic once come out and shown the player based figures, based on faction. Even the info-graphic conveniently left out one of the most important figures in the game.

And as someone that has only played KDF for three years - its NOT as small as we have been led to believe.

Until there is verifiable proof, it holds as much argument as trying to convince Homer the world is round.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:04 PM.