A list of lots of little bugs and problems with STO
As the title suggests, I would like to use the thread to gather the little, annoying bugs, UI problems etc, that are getting more and more numerous with each patch.
You are welcome to add to the list, but leave balancing requests like beam vs. cannon, or things out that would require a major expansion, i.E. Klingon content out.
I would rather create a list of the little, annoying things that seemed to have been forgotten over the course of the last few expansions, but are probably fixable even with limited developer attention.
- unable to post in fleet chat after switching characters
- not able to see who is online in fleet chat (the entire chat interface is so last century)
- Chimera sometimes getting stuck in tactical mode and unable to switch back without leaving map
- sporadic 2 minute timer on all abilities, captain and Boff in space STF
- NPC pathfinding is catastrophal in some of the old ground maps like the fire caves for example
- Omega launcher plasma bolt stuck and launcher unable to fire (the launcher seems to get unstuck after a few seconds, but it is still very annoying)
- crew loss percentage on kinetic hits is too high on ships with lots of crew, often after a few seconds all crew members are dead/ wounded which drops any hull repair rate to zero. (the entire mechanic should either be removed or reworked)
- invisible 'killer' torpedos from gates and sometimes tactical cubes.
- no 'investigate ancient ruins' science duty officer assignments in Tau Dewa
- extremely low rewards for the exploration daily (maybe remove the DL but give people 150 fleet marks instead as a daily reward)
- Tau Dewa red alert not working properly and often shown as completed/failed even when it just spawned in my instance.
That are just a few things, please feel free to add to the list. :)
_ Glitch that causing player beeing booted from STF whenever was in space around ESD/DS9/StarBase/ and now NewRomulus at the time of the queue.
_ Qonos : Bug that causes player to beam to Shipyard instead of First city when beaming rfom space or academy.
_ the unability to claim C-store 'Tribble of Borg' item for alt toons.
_ Glitch that causes ship to be fully invisible on STF
_ Glitch taht causes weapons to get stuck at 'no shoot' mode on stf for the entire STF : meaning you can just leave then since you cant use your weapons
_ Items in tray that cant just get back to where you want them to be.
_ skills that go all messed up when switching kit
_ display bug: Chimera, but also Guramba not to display the proper state tactical/siege/ etc
Since these bugs have beein going for sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooo long, when will we have at least the team telling us you got them to acknowledgment.
-needing JHAS for ****ing frigate pets!!!
-reputation store broken
-boff station equipping broken
-90% of the time the Enterprise shows up to help in Tau Dewa, whatever the first line Shon says will repeat over and over, at random, until you log out. In space, on the ground, doesn't matter. Eventually you want to duct tape his mouth shut.
- Sometimes torpedos and mines don't show they are on cooldown
- Instead of activating skills go on a global or system cooldown. Sometimes happens even if you don't spam them
- Many of the exploration ground maps are still bugged (enemies under the ground, inside buildings, on top of buildings, on top of huge boulders, etc)
- When you add items to reputation projects it uses your equipped hypos and shield charges first
PVP and Fleet Action Dailies that are not actual Dailies but random missions that pop at random intervals.
KDF Honor Guard Helmets are still broken.
Dialog decloaks ship at inopportune times
Running Starbase defense back to back on different characters causes audio to stop working and an eventual client crash if the client is not restarted.
Server disconnect in STF's brings you back to the beginning of the map making you continue to be useless to your team until you catch back up.
Lag so bad a mission takes minutes to complete after completing.
100K turret crits from Gates and Tac Cubes.
no list of binds
to many pets in Bank. they should have their own storage. one for space. one for ground.
John Van Citter is afraid to give players a Endgame Constitution Refit.
Only Phaser and Disruptor Elite weapons. wheres the rest?
Only Antiproton Stores in Reputation System... Once again. Wheres the rest?
KDF only have 9 unique missions. Feds have 50. Wtf...
All the uniforms that are being put out are in the frackin lobi store and not Z-Store
Z-Store needs more love aside from just ships and outfits every once in while. Back in 2011 there would be at least 4 Z[C]-Store releases each week. Some of them were the sets.
More Melee Weapons Plox
More skin varients for current ships on both factions
KDF needs more hair and clothing for free.
Can I haz [Borg] Bat'leth and other [Borg] Melee weapons in Omega Rep please?
Un-Unique Subspace Field Modulator and Ophidian Cane.
More maps for PVP plz.
I'd like to see the battle of wolf 359 and the battle to take back DS9 with all the ships STO provides. perhaps in a documentry cutscene of sorts. would that be possible?
Stop nerfing Science. Buff Engineering Healing and Buffing Abilities, Tac is fine as is. Also tac buffing abilities should not buff sci abilities like Gravwell and whatnot. Horrible coding there.
Galaxy, Defiant and Intrepid Retrofits are useless with Ensign's of their commanders, Make them Universal Ensigns. Same thing with some other ships. Namely Excelsior Retro, Multi Vector Assault Prometheus, Heavy Escort Carrier. All have useless ensigns.
Lobi ground weapons should be 30 Lobi. Lobi big ships should be 500, Lobi Shuttles should be 230. All Lobi Uniforms should be 50.
-QA department does not seem to be working as intended, bug fix it please
The high-and low-res models on the K't'inga are reversed.
Look at NPC ships in the far distance and you'll see lightmaps, detailed hull plating...the good stuff.
We're stuck with the smeared textures from the low-res models.
For comparison, this is what the K't'inga looked like in 2010:
I think we all agree, this is NOT what it looks like now.
To show it's not an issue with graphics settings or anything:
K't'inga far away from the camera:
K't'inga closer to the camera:
-Deleting a costume in the Foundry cause a CTD.
-Memory leak still not fixed. First loading of New Romulus cause a CTD. Several hours logged cause FPS drop, then CTD.
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:55 PM.|