Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Duty Officer System and R&D (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=251)
-   -   7,500dilithium = Liberated Borg DOFF (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=559771)

verlaine11 02-19-2013 08:00 PM

7,500dilithium = Liberated Borg DOFF
 
Just did a couple of days levelling the rep system to get to level 1 on Tribble and did the Liberated Borg blue unlock, the 2 blues are 7,500 dilithium each.

At the moment i dont know what the purples will be but im expecting 10k +, just thought i would give you guys a quick heads up for when it goes live

xsharpex 02-19-2013 09:35 PM

sounds about right. the blue boffs you buy after your 1st free one from the doff system is 6k dil. i think the purples are 10-11k. so it doesn't surprise me in the least =( i'd bet the purple ones are 15k.

ussultimatum 02-19-2013 11:03 PM

Wow, just, wow.



Original price = 20 EDCs (2100 dil)

New price = 7500 dil



A nearly 260% cost increase.



I agree that 15,000 dilithium is the most likely cost for the purples.


Yet another obscene number.

doffingcomrade 02-20-2013 12:00 AM

Especially seeing as they aren't actually very good, and free, superior alternatives exist.

cynder2012 02-20-2013 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xsharpex (Post 8193301)
sounds about right. the blue boffs you buy after your 1st free one from the doff system is 6k dil. i think the purples are 10-11k. so it doesn't surprise me in the least =( i'd bet the purple ones are 15k.

where do you get the free one from? the borg episodes? hmm i may have to play them if so....complete skipped that one

adrianm63 02-20-2013 01:18 AM

They think people will pay dilithium for that.I have thousands of unused omega marks and nothing to spend them on (it will take few centuries to turn that in dilithium because they thought 500 dillithium =50 marks ...you cant turn 500 marks in 5000 dilithium or 5000 marks in 50,000dilithium ...that kind of math is to complex) .Good luck asking 2000000000 dilithium...Im sure someone will pay.:rolleyes:

xsharpex 02-20-2013 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cynder2012 (Post 8195191)
where do you get the free one from? the borg episodes? hmm i may have to play them if so....complete skipped that one

you level up your duty officer system. ranks 1 and 2 are green doffs, rank 3 is blue and rank 4 is purple. you have a couple choices per category (trade, engineering, military, etc.) the first one is free with level up, subsequent purchases require dil.

allocater 02-20-2013 04:18 AM

I hope, now they can add new DOFFs. For ex-borg there is a lot that makes sense:

Technicians
Damage Control Engineers
Sensor DOFF
System DOFF

everything that has to with Computers. Perhaps even with new special powers that have a borg twist!

(also bring back the borg weapons)

stirling191 02-20-2013 08:12 AM

Technicians already exist: the robo-kitty line from the borg star cluster sector (blanking on the name right now).

markhawkman 02-20-2013 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ussultimatum (Post 8194671)
Wow, just, wow.

Original price = 20 EDCs (2100 dil)

New price = 7500 dil
A nearly 260% cost increase.

I agree that 15,000 dilithium is the most likely cost for the purples.

Yet another obscene number.

Is it obscene? It actually compares quite favorably to the cost of getting a blue from Ferra.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:20 AM.