How do you best utilize the Rommie Experimental beam array FOR PVP?
So I know pretty much anything works for PVE. I'm asking specifically FOR PVP. I want to build a cruiser using beams that utilizes the Romulan Experimental Beam Array.
REMEMBER, this is concerning PVP play...
Here's the problems I've thought of:
1. The Experimental beam array doesn't drain weapon power, but other weapons DO DRAIN POWER if using other weapons. So my first thought would be use all Romulan arrays or plasma damage. BUT in PVP, a lot of people have shields that resist Plasma. So I know I would be less effective.
2. I thought about using disruptor weapon type along with the experimental array. Then I could use a plasma infused console and get the same procs. Sounds great, BUT, there's the weapon power drain problem from using a different damage type than the Experimental Array.
So a have a couple questions:
1. Does the -10 weapon power for using different weapons STACK? Or is it just 10 weapons power all across, and how easy is it to make up that power with Aux to Batt or a similar power ability?
2. If I use plasma type, I have to worry about other players using MACO, etc shields that resist plasma. Is there a way to mitigate this concern to make plasma viable?
3. Is Plasma Hyperflux valuable at all in PVP, or should I forget this idea altogether and just do without the Experimental array in PVP?
Thanks for your time!
There is no 'drain for using different weapon'. There is only drain for using more than 1 weapon. Meaning if you fire only 1 plasma array it doesn't use weapon power, but the second plasma array used drains 10. You can easily test this yourself by for example equipping 8 plasma arrays and then equipping 1 of easy array time (plasma, disruptor, phaser, etc) you'll see that the drain is equal.
That being said, the main purpose of the rommy special array not using weapon power is that it stacks well on beam boat builds. You can fire off 7 beams that only drain 6 beams worth of energy. In addition if you have the full set you get a rather powerful beam overload ability.
As far as it's use in pvp, that's debatable. Yes lots of people run shields with 20% plasma resist, but when you stack plasma damage consoles you add to the burn effect that bypases shields, as well you can have 2-4 + damage mods in your science slots (from the embassy) that can add between 9 to 39% plasma damage. That's more than enough to make up for the shield resist.
I've seen escorts get melted and blown up with full shields by 1 plasma beamboat cruiser. It's a funny sight to see.
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:44 AM.|