Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Witch Major Power (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=560131)

kirk2390 02-20-2013 03:29 AM

Witch Major Power

Ok we all know we want the romulans to have as a playable species, but witch one would you like to join to....

I would like to see as a playable species :

Cardesians
Dominion
Borg

Maybe some minor species on there own without aid off the Feds or Klingons :

Breen
Xindi
Mintakans
Ferengi

Witch species you like to play with an story line let us know !! :D

tenkari 02-20-2013 03:34 AM

I'm trying to figure out wy people are obsessed with flying cubes and spheres. if the borg were a playable race they would be limited to spheres and probes since cubes are wayy to big for player ships.

smokeybacon90 02-20-2013 03:46 AM

Quality, not Quantity. The former is in short supply.

xilrada 02-20-2013 04:10 AM

Undine.

But I think we should be worrying about prodding Cryptic and the Devs to patch up what we have, then adding new races which require more content and things for them to spend time on.

crashdragon 02-20-2013 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kirk2390 (Post 8197281)
Ok we all know we want the romulans to have as a playable species, but witch one would you like to join to....

I would like to see as a playable species :

Cardesians
Dominion
Borg

Maybe some minor species on there own without aid off the Feds or Klingons :

Breen
Xindi
Mintakans
Ferengi

Witch species you like to play with an story line let us know !! :D

Ah, the Mintakan's don't have warp drive and are now protected by the Federation after they buggered up a mission of quiet observation. :cool:

I'm happy with my Gorn, but I'd like that reptile race to replace my FED Catian, the ones on board when that entity got aboard the Enterprise and tried to merge with Picard in the energy cloud. You know the ones with the cool tails. They kind of looked like cobra's.

Work with me here, Hew'mans!

flash525 02-20-2013 04:20 AM

Normally, I'd have said the Cardassians as a 4th playable species, but honestly, I don't think their current empire is in the correct state to be of any substantial threat to anyone just now. I would instead incorporate Cardassians (at least Bridge Officers) into the Federation and Romulan factions. I'd leave them out of the KDF (Klingons and Cardassians have never really got along, not even Worf and Garak managed to do so).

Although I would be more than happy with just the Federation, Klingon and Romulan, if we were to have a fourth, for me, it would have to be a Dominion one; and I'm talking Gamma Quadrant Dominion. They'd need to be their own faction though; in that they're not specifically at war with anyone, but they're protecting the founders. Have a sector (or three) where all their main missions are (though make them within the Gamma Quadrant). Access to the rest of the current galaxy can be through the wormhole.

Obviously you've got the ships, and you've got the species. Vorta and Jem Hadar are a given, and you could have the Dosi and Karemma (among others) as secondary species. I know the Karemma are primarily traders, but I'd suspect they'd make good engineers too. From what I remember about the Dosi, they remind me of Klingons. Brawling on the streets and the like, plus they're somewhat aggressive.

Edit: I wish people would quit asking about a Borg Faction. It wouldn't work. Unless you play as the Queen (then you'd be one Queen of many) you're looking at a non-borg playing borg species.

duaths1 02-20-2013 05:12 AM

i need Romulans, but apart from that, i would really LOVE to play as Suliban.

They could even be of the same faction ingame..

flash525 02-20-2013 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duaths1 (Post 8198471)
i need Romulans, but apart from that, i would really LOVE to play as Suliban.

They could even be of the same faction ingame..

I hope they include the Suliban as one of the playable species within the Romulan Faction. It would make so much sense too.

sollvax 02-20-2013 07:00 AM

Maybe allow playable borg (limited to level 1) as part of a 15th faction 10 years down the line

meanwhile be happy with what you have folks
and be glad that we do not (Yet) have playable replicators

neoakiraii 02-20-2013 07:06 AM

witch race??? are they from the planet Salem???

Sorry could not help it.

Let us deal with the 1.5 faction we have now before we look down that road.