Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   KDF Loggers? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=561291)

mattjohnsonva 02-21-2013 02:19 AM

KDF Loggers?

Noticed this week quite a lot of instances of KDF players in Kerrat apparently logging off just as they are about to explode. They appear shortly afterward in another part of the map, is this actually a log off or is there some other ability I am unaware of that can make them disappear? It is not battle cloak, it is not the Rom Quantum Singularity or mask energy signature. Sometimes they just vanish instantly other times the ship appears to halt on roll over before fading away. What gives?

Not seen any Fed players do it yet so hence wondering if it's a new KDF ability.

Cheers

PS This is not a have a go at smelly klinks thread, just trying to get to the bottom of it so consturctive replies please.

zarathos1978 02-21-2013 04:14 AM

Suppose it's an error. I saw something simmilar on cmdr. lvl pvp so no consoles or super abilities, and MES/cloak are easy to recognize. Sometimes KDFers were simply vanishing just to either appear a somewhere else (not far away) a second later (to fast for this to be log off/log in). Pretty pissing when you are abot to press space. It's not dependant on the hull or shield level. Sometimes it happens on beginning of the fight.

I saw it only in Arena, never in Ker'rat or C&H, but I thought it's my GPU going crazy and ignored it. And it was only happening on ships with cloak. Never saw non-Klingon ships doing it. Only Raptors, BoPs, K'T'Ingas etc. Gorn and Nausicaan ships never done this.

Some cloak bug?

mattjohnsonva 02-21-2013 04:21 AM

That about sums it up yes. I asked in zone chat but the guy didn't answer on each occasion making me think it was more towards the logging off. next time will be ready with the handle so I can send a tell to see if he has logged or not.

edalgo 02-21-2013 04:44 AM

Is the talon back on the klingons side?

naevius 02-21-2013 04:49 AM

It's the PvP queue popping.

dalnar83 02-21-2013 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by naevius (Post 8224161)

Unless they appear a minute later, then yes, this.

twam 02-21-2013 04:58 AM

Since last week I've also experienced random disconnects. No timeout timer, just disconnect to login screen straight away.

Could be related to those. I tend to get them in STF's, and I can log back in and fly in roughly 20 seconds from the moment things go wrong...

mattjohnsonva 02-21-2013 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by naevius (Post 8224161)

I would accept this if it wasn't alwyas at the critical moment of destruction, no queue call is so consistently fortuitous!

crashdragon 02-21-2013 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattjohnsonva (Post 8224341)
I would accept this if it wasn't alwyas at the critical moment of destruction, no queue call is so consistently fortuitous!

Careful, he might break out into a song. =3

antoniosalieri 02-21-2013 05:12 AM

I did get discoed like 3 times today... and I havn't played to much other times this week so perhaps its that ?

It could also be KHG shield... I know from talking to friends a few times they will proc it as I am cloaking... and it looks odd when I'm gone and show up somewhere else.