Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Gameplay Bug Reports (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   [Bug Report] Andorian Ship - Cannon Powers Cooldown (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=561771)

illcadia 02-21-2013 09:33 AM

[Bug Report] Andorian Ship - Cannon Powers Cooldown

^^^

I guess that's one way to 'balance' it.

archoncryptic 02-21-2013 10:44 AM

This was intentional to prevent these from being chained back-to-back, but we're examining whether or not we can decrease this cooldown without making them too powerful. We're crunching numbers, and we'll see if we need to make any adjustments.

illcadia 02-21-2013 10:53 AM

Well I mean the wing cannon powers also have the charge up delay in your entire firing sequence- do you really need both?

aramyll 02-21-2013 11:53 AM

So then what is the point of having said consoles if you have to either choose to use your main cannons (which provide more DPS) when using CRF or CSV, over using your Wing Cannons to do a hit on the shields or an aoe? haven't bought my ship yet since im at work but the stats say the wing cannons only go to Mk 11 is this a typo or correct? also do these consoles have a 30 sec, 15sec cd when used or a 1,2,3 min cd like other consoles?

The point of having special consoles on ships is to boost the dmg output or have EXTRA abilities that work along side your BOFF abilities. If in this case you say that its in order for it not to be spammed one after the other or at the same time, then you need to change all other consoles to work the same way, for example you cant use EPTS while you are using TEAM fortress, or you cant use Deuterium device when using Full impulse. These are the types of things that these consoles are used for to buff existing abilities not to replace them.

On a separate note, this ship was held back and delayed for release for whatever reason you want to say, and in all that time you did NO testing to make sure the ship worked properly ????? what is the point of the tribble server if you don't put anything in there to test and verify functionality, or you don't even care to check the issues that are reported and acknowledge them?

erei1 02-21-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by illcadia (Post 8232441)
Well I mean the wing cannon powers also have the charge up delay in your entire firing sequence- do you really need both?

They also drain your power like BO for the wing cannon overload ability. And you likely need to use EPtW and a battery, or your DPS will suffer badly from it.

aramyll 02-21-2013 11:58 AM

Why not make the wing cannons have a similar limitation like the platforms? with a single console the cannons can only be buffed by said consoles but with all 3 the wing cannons can now benefit from crf and crv and be used in unison with the consoles? of course you would need to make it so that it only affects the wing cannon weapon and not regular cannons.

On an added note, do the platform stay with you until you either die or warp out? Like fighter pets? or are they on a timer??? cause with the 3 piece set the platforms can be buffed with crf and csv but if they last for 20 secs and during this time you use another ability then by the time the cd ends the platforms are gone and u have to wait.

zionlyth 02-21-2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by archoncryptic (Post 8232201)
This was intentional to prevent these from being chained back-to-back, but we're examining whether or not we can decrease this cooldown without making them too powerful. We're crunching numbers, and we'll see if we need to make any adjustments.

Can you please confirm if the cooldown is suppose to affect bridge officer abilities like rapid fire? I know you don't want to to chain the console abilities, but them putting boff abilities on cooldown is stupid.

diogene0 02-21-2013 12:12 PM

Or significantly lower the dps from those wings so that peps get their fireworks without completely breaking the game. :)

john98837 02-21-2013 12:13 PM

Cooldown between wing cannon abilities makes sense, but if they are supposed to and will continue to trigger cooldown on my rapid fire/scatter volley boff abilities then thats a deal killer. No point in buying the set as I will end up just equiping normal weapons and ditching the consoles.

crazy6665 02-21-2013 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by archoncryptic (Post 8232201)

which one is intentional or are both intentional

is it the console are intentional cool down which makes sense

or is it the console putting cannon raid fire and cannon scatter valloy on cooldown intentional

or is it both