Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Federation Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   Disappointed in the Romulan Support Asset D'deridex Battleship Nerf (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=562771)

ddesjardins 02-21-2013 07:49 PM

Disappointed in the Romulan Support Asset D'deridex Battleship Nerf
 
Considering all of the other changes (good and bad) recently, this one seems pretty minor.

The Romulan Support Asset D'deridex Battleship was really cool, albeit quite expensive to acquire, requiring the sacrifice of 5 crewman in addition to the dilithium, rep points etc.

(How Starfleet would allow you to kill off 5 members of your team to get this is unbelievable).

What was cool was the length of time it was available. It literally would stay with you throughout an entire STF as long as you remained alive. There were more than a few missions where I was pugging where after a player bailed, this little baby was handy. In fact if I was playing a hanger capable ship, the Asset would respond to carrier commands.

It was so good, I outfitted all of my toons with a stack just in case.

Enter the dev-overkill nerf.

When it arrives, it immediately heals me or the nearest team member. Shoots for 30-45 seconds, and when the target is destroyed it then disappears.

Seriously. That sucks. Satellite Turrets are far better for doing damage, last 3x longer, and are available for free.

Don't waste your dilithium, romulan marks, ec and personnel for this.

My two bits.

Admiral Thrax

supergirl1611 02-22-2013 05:46 AM

Here here my friend it was awesome when it first appeared and I thought how cool it would be to run it with photonic fleet and fighters as a sci to buff my dps. Now it's not worth the expensive as the time in game is too short. I did read a post where someone had been moaning about it during PVP or as I call them the nerf everything so I can pew pew boom everything without learning how to play or strategise gang. So maybe this feed back had some part to play in the reduced spawn time

warpangel 02-22-2013 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddesjardins (Post 8243731)
(How Starfleet would allow you to kill off 5 members of your team to get this is unbelievable).

You don't kill them. You also don't kill all the doffs needed for starbase projects, and despite the personel officer at Starfleet Academy being sometimes refered to as the "doff grinder," the doffs traded in there are not actually chopped up for parts to make new ones. :rolleyes:

I would assume the doffs get reassigned as part of the Romulan ship's crew so you can call them for help when you want.

Quote:

When it arrives, it immediately heals me or the nearest team member. Shoots for 30-45 seconds, and when the target is destroyed it then disappears.
Looks like it works just like Fleet Support...ie useless. Except Fleet Support doesn't heal.

aaabbbbccccddddd 02-22-2013 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supergirl1611 (Post 8250511)
Here here my friend it was awesome when it first appeared and I thought how cool it would be to run it with photonic fleet and fighters as a sci to buff my dps. Now it's not worth the expensive as the time in game is too short. I did read a post where someone had been moaning about it during PVP or as I call them the nerf everything so I can pew pew boom everything without learning how to play or strategise gang. So maybe this feed back had some part to play in the reduced spawn time

I totally agree with you. I thought there was another bug, I called a warbird and a few secs later it was gone.
Now it is just a waste of ressorces :(

kamiyama317 02-22-2013 08:15 AM

No matter how good it is, I would never lay down all the resources the project required for a consume-on-use item. IF they made it re-usable, then I might get it.

mwgacy1 02-22-2013 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warpangel (Post 8250571)
Looks like it works just like Fleet Support...ie useless. Except Fleet Support doesn't heal.

The Miranda's do. My Akira was being slapped around by a Tac Cube in an elite STF a few days back, one of those stray torpedoes took a shield facing and 80% hull so I hit Fleet Support (actually by mistake, I was trying to hit MW). A few seconds later I noticed an ET1 and Extends hit me. I thought I'd finally found a unicorn, err, a healing Cruiser but it wasn't, it was the Miranda that I got as fleet support.

mariothebros 03-14-2013 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mwgacy1 (Post 8252921)
The Miranda's do. My Akira was being slapped around by a Tac Cube in an elite STF a few days back, one of those stray torpedoes took a shield facing and 80% hull so I hit Fleet Support (actually by mistake, I was trying to hit MW). A few seconds later I noticed an ET1 and Extends hit me. I thought I'd finally found a unicorn, err, a healing Cruiser but it wasn't, it was the Miranda that I got as fleet support.

I also had identical experience in STF. When I called for Starfleet reinforcement, I received some healing - I don't know exactly what kind of ship it was. But, I think it's a nice feature. What a pleasant surprise :)

wilbor2 03-14-2013 09:22 AM

like 95% of the rep stuff its now a waste of resources and inventory space i for one am very disappointed in wot was ment to be end game content. im pretty sure i wont be making any thing out of rep system for my 4 char that ive just finnished rep on. as normal cryptic just nerf every thing :(

skollulfr 03-15-2013 12:54 PM

the fleet support thing does this all the time.
if the ship warps in and there are no targets inside a given range(i guess) then it just fades out.

if there is no ship in range it should follow you back into combat.

kimmym 03-15-2013 01:55 PM

Fleet support heals quite often. Typically its eng team. As you can only use it at 50% hull, its quite often a life saver. On the space bar she goes. Every time I see a ship warp in I smile a little inside.

I love hitting up a fleet event in my Atrox, 2 racks of elite scorps with device scorpions on top, pop a set of D'Kyr reinforcements, and then hitting photonic fleet and fleet support...

People wonder why we aren't Captains anymore? You need to be an Admiral to command a fleet like that =P


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:18 AM.