Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Returning to STO . How's the new season looking? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=563031)

srgtburglar 02-22-2013 02:09 AM

Returning to STO . How's the new season looking?

I've decided against better judgement to redownload and install STO yet again.

Please tell me some great improvements over the last 2 seasons. I quit towards the trailing end of 5 and I believe it's what 7 now.

Tell me something good....Great now Im singing the song. :D

jkstocbr 02-22-2013 02:28 AM

Fleet Starbases and new Romulas! :)

http://sto.perfectworld.com/about/gameupdates

srgtburglar 02-22-2013 02:30 AM

Well now if I could only get my game to load....

I sat for 30 minutes to no progress.

This has never ever happened to me in STO

It's not a ram issue I have enough in here to run the space shuttle.:confused:

twg042370 02-22-2013 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srgtburglar (Post 8248371)
I've decided against better judgement to redownload and install STO yet again.

I find it enjoyable. If you're someone has something akin to patience and the ability to not take your games too seriously you may too.

duaths1 02-22-2013 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srgtburglar (Post 8248631)
Well now if I could only get my game to load....

I sat for 30 minutes to no progress.

This has never ever happened to me in STO

It's not a ram issue I have enough in here to run the space shuttle.:confused:

it's patch day.. you may wanna wait several more hours till you retry

srgtburglar 02-22-2013 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twg042370 (Post 8248861)
I find it enjoyable. If you're someone has something akin to patience and the ability to not take your games too seriously you may too.

Oh dont get me wrong I truly do love STO and I thank CBS and Cryptic/PW for creating this game. I love everything about the ST franchise but I think it could and should be handled a lot better than it has been. It seems these days everything is more about money than actually pleasing the customer. That being said I am pleased overall with the game but it was the constant grind of starbases/ dilithium/ fleet marks that made this game less fun and more work.

Other then that Im good.

I forgot about the patch day thing..... oh well perhaps things will improve

p.s. I need more coffee

shockwave85 02-22-2013 05:25 AM

Asking the forums their opinion on a new season eh? Open the can! Release the worms! :P

In all seriousness though, there has been a lot of content added. Season 6 was all about fleet progression. You'll want to visit your fleet's Starbase and Embassy to check out the vendors therein. There is a lot of unique and powerful endgame gear on offer, sold for Fleet Credit. You get Fleet Credit for contributing Fleet Marks and other resources to Starbase and Embassy projects.

Season 7 was mostly about the new sector block, Tau Dewa, and the New Romulus adventure zone. There is a lot of new content out there that rewards marks toward your Romulan reputation. As with fleet advancement, there is a slew of new endgame gear available through the reputation. STF rewards were revamped into Omega Reputation, and some new gear added there. Examples being the Adapted MACO/KHG sets, Mk XII Assimilated set, and the Adapted Borg Technology set. All worth looking into, though the prices are steep and meant to take a while to earn.

Most of the outrage has been in response to Cryptic's attempts to adjust the game's economy, especially as it stood in Season 6. They were seeing essentially an income disparity between the silent majority of players who were having trouble earning anything near their 8k/day dilithium cap, and the experienced/dedicated players who had a host of exploits to make it easy. Dilithium was added to Fleet Actions and the Foundry, rewards for mining doubled, and they have been cracking down wherever they see exploiting. This, naturally, is upsetting those who depended on those exploits to make their cap, be it due to laziness or an honest lack of time to play. Other issues are being raised regarding costs of Fleet projects and reputation gear, and a general strain on the dilithium economy. Flipside of that is that with dilithium in such demand, its value vs. Zen has skyrocketed and you can now buy a lot on the cash shop just by trading your dilithium in.

cracobiggley 02-22-2013 06:18 AM

the forums as well as the perceived relationship between cryptic and the community is pretty toxic right now so appealing to the masses on feedback is likely to get you some...rather interesting...feedback

since your just coming back, the rep system will be a big change, as well as a grind if you decide to venture down into it. Most of the other rage inducing changes shouldnt impact you much since you werent around for so shouldnt have any impact on you since you wont know the difference