Armitage build help
Just looking for suggestions on an Armitage build. I'm about to hit Omega Tier 5 and want some suggestions on how to tweak my setup right now with some of the equipment I'll have available, mainly for PVE right now.
Upfront I've got:
2x Dual Heavy Phaser Cannons dmg x2
1x Phaser Dual Beam Bank crtd dmg
1x Elite Fleet Quantum Torpedo
In the back:
2x Phaser Turrets dmg x2
1x Elite Fleet Quantum Torpedo
Science: Emitter Array and Shield Amplifier (blue quality)
Eng: EPS Flow Regulator and 2x Neutromium Alloys
Tac: Torpedo Defense System, 2x Phaser Relays (blue), 1x Zero Point Quantum (blue)
Full Breen set.
Delta Flyers in the hangar
Cmdr Tac: Torpedo Spread 1, Torpedo HY2, CSV2, Attack Pattern Omega 3
Lt Tac: Tac Team 1, Torpedo Spread 2
Ens Tac: Beam Overload 1
Lt Sci: Tractor Beam 1, Science Team 2
LtC Eng: EPtS1, Eng Team 2, EPtS3
Hm, to be honest I would change almost everything about that build. Might be differing playstyles though, so...
1. Use either 3 DHCs and Torp or 2 DHCs + 2 Torps, get rid of the Beams.
2. Replace the Rear Torp with the Kinetic Cutting Beam
3. Tac Consoles: 4 Phaser Relays. The torp and armitage console aren't worth it.
4. Best hangar pets by a mile are Elite Scorpion Fighters from Romulan Reputation T5, try to work your way towards those.
5. Sci Boff Stations: Hazard Emitters and Transfer Shield Strength, what do you want the tractor beam for? You are an escort, you can kill anything before it moves away. Science team only gets in the way of Tactical Team because of shared cooldowns, so TSS is IMO the better shield heal.
6. Eng Stations Same problem with Engineering team, it disrupts continous use of Tac Team. Move the second EPTS to the Lt. Slot and put Auxillary to Structual in the Lt.Cmdr. Slot.
7. Replace the beam overload with a second Tac Team
8. Any set is better than the breen set. I suggest Omega Deflector + Engine for the 2 piece set bonus and MACO shield or if you have access to them, Elite Fleet Shields.
Well those are at least my suggestions. I'm not saying it's the absolute best but it works very well for me. I'm flying a fleet armitage with roughly the setup you'd get if you realize all those suggestions. It's tanky as hell and does great damage.
1) If going dual torps, then 1 torp console is absolutely worth it. However, you'll need 3x PWOs (preferably purple) in addition.
2) Advanced Peregrines are much easier to acquire than Elite Scorps, and do reasonable damage. They don't have the HYT:1 that Elite Scorps do, but you can get them without needing T5 Romulan Rep.
3) If going 2x torpedoes, get at least 2 pieces of the Adapted MACO set (I personally run with the Engines and Shield with either a MKXII MACO or Borg deflector). It's basically a free torpedo console on top of very respectable defensive capability (not quite as good as stock MACO, but still quite effective at keeping you alive).
Ah yes I forgot to mention the Doffs. They are required for a 2 Torp build. I'm still not convinced a torp console is worth it, I did a bit of testing and it didn't seem to improve the bottom line. But I should revisit that topic and check it out more. I once tried a 2 torp build with 4 quantum torp consoles and the damage was shockingly awful. Not sure I ever actually tested with 1 torp console or if I extrapolated from that experience.
A 3x energy console / 2x torp console (1 coming from the 2-piece adapted maco) build will sacrifice a bit of cannon output (fully tac buffed I can sit in the low to mid 4k range reliably), but the synergy between the two damage types, and PWO doffs is insane. My personal best crit off of a single buffed photon is (so far anyway) 59.3k damage (of note there were two APB stacks on the target at the time, so it's not a surefire thing in most situations). When you're slinging those out every 1.5 seconds, on top of two DHCs blazing away...well you get the picture.
Also of note, because you've got one less DHC you've got less power drain to worry about. This means you have a bitmore leeway in terms of power distribution (do I go all out for weapons power? Maybe toss a little more into the shields for better shield resists? Maybe a smidge to engines to help with speed/defense?)
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:37 AM.|