Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Windows and General: PC, Network, and Other Technical Issues (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=401)
-   -   Amazon Open Beta Key (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=56439)

Archived Post 01-12-2010 06:28 AM

Amazon Open Beta Key

Did anyone buy the game from Amazon and received their key yet?

Archived Post 01-12-2010 06:29 AM

They seem to be having issues getting them sent out. Email their customer services, I got mine within a couple of hours of doing so.

Archived Post 01-12-2010 06:29 AM

Amazon

No they said it will take until Feb the 4th to get the key for me :(

Archived Post 01-12-2010 06:31 AM

I received mine by email over the weekend and have started downloading the game. That is taking a long time but so far no problems.

Archived Post 01-12-2010 06:31 AM

If you pre-ordered from Amazon after Jan 8th, I don't think you will get a beta key from them, just the head start. I ordered from their UK site, so may be different elsewhere in the world. But as I said, I emailed yesterday and got the key within a couple of hours.

Archived Post 01-12-2010 06:32 AM

I got my key from Amazon Yesterday. Didn't have to do anything. Hope you get yours soon.

ES

Archived Post 01-12-2010 06:42 AM

I got mine emailed to me fine on Sunday. I know quite a few folks who didn't get them. Contact customer services and they should be able to sort it out.
Be prepared for a very slow client download though. I have a 20meg connection and I started downloading it at 1am last night and it's still not done

Archived Post 01-12-2010 06:50 AM

My mate emailed Amazon and got a key within a few hours. Just make sure before you contact them that you ordered it BEFORE JAN 8TH.

Archived Post 01-12-2010 06:58 AM

I've had several phone conversations and mutual emails.

1st, the call center in India has NO CLUE about anything. They can't even read the offer off their website correctly.

Spoke with a couple of teir 2 support people in US.

Have read many, many Amazon related posts.

It appears that Amazon sent out some keys just after midnight either 1/11/10 or 1/10/10, I've lost track.

They sent another batch out yesterday 1/11/10 afternoon.

I was initially told that all were sent at same time, but that was not correct.

After you first contact them (INDIA) ignore what they say, good or bad.

You will get an email asking if they answered your question. Respond to the "NO". Push the phone call back button and you will get called back immediately. You will talk to tier 2 support in the US. They will have a bit more up to date info.

The current official is basically, if you should have gotten key by now. And any new oders will recieve key within 2 days. Thats the revised "offer" on the Amazon.com website.

If you haven't received your key yet, be pathetic and sad and whimpy and grovel to the teir 2 US person. It seemed to work for me, lol. Good luck.

Archived Post 01-12-2010 07:08 AM

YEs I received mine via E-Mail on Monday just like they said they would.