Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Federation Shipyards (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   Nomad Class & Mirror Universe Assault Cruiser (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=565061)

seniorchief421 02-23-2013 01:32 PM

Nomad Class & Mirror Universe Assault Cruiser
 
I apologize if this question has been asked, but I could not find an answer and was hoping someone could help me out.

I have a Mirror Universe Assault Cruiser and would like to use the skin from the Fleet Star Cruiser (Nomad Class). Since they are the same ship, I think it would work, but I don't want to go through the trouble of getting four fleet consoles and have it not work.

Please & Thank You :)

hereticknight085 02-23-2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seniorchief421 (Post 8274911)
*snip* Since they are the same ship *snip*

Let me stop you right here. They aren't the same ship. So it won't work.

captjamjamz 02-23-2013 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hereticknight085 (Post 8275261)
Let me stop you right here. They aren't the same ship. So it won't work.

That's actually incorrect.
The Mirror Assault Cruiser uses the standard Star Cruiser parts, any parts you unlock for the star cruiser, including the mirror universe material will work on all other parts, including the unique set of parts you gain for obtaining the Fleet Star Cruiser.

So, yes, you can get your Nomad class with the mirror universe material, provided you have both the Mirror Universe Assault Cruiser & Fleet Star Cruiser unlocked on the same character.

hereticknight085 02-23-2013 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captjamjamz (Post 8275331)
That's actually incorrect.
The Mirror Assault Cruiser uses the standard Star Cruiser parts, any parts you unlock for the star cruiser, including the mirror universe material will work on all other parts, including the unique set of parts you gain for obtaining the Fleet Star Cruiser.

So, yes, you can get your Nomad class with the mirror universe material, provided you have both the Mirror Universe Assault Cruiser & Fleet Star Cruiser unlocked on the same character.

Really? I recant my statement then.

robdmc 02-23-2013 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captjamjamz (Post 8275331)
That's actually incorrect.
The Mirror Assault Cruiser uses the standard Star Cruiser parts, any parts you unlock for the star cruiser, including the mirror universe material will work on all other parts, including the unique set of parts you gain for obtaining the Fleet Star Cruiser.

So, yes, you can get your Nomad class with the mirror universe material, provided you have both the Mirror Universe Assault Cruiser & Fleet Star Cruiser unlocked on the same character.

Yup. I'm using the Mirror Patrol Escort skin on my Fleet Advance Escort. Why can't we use the I.S.S. prefix if we can use the skin?

captjamjamz 02-23-2013 03:56 PM

Prefixes are specifically tied to the ship itself, not the visuals. Hence you can have "I.S.S." on the mirror ships, even when you choose to not use the mirror universe skin.

smokeybacon90 02-23-2013 05:13 PM

Yes, you can apply the mirror skin to the Nomad by (at some point in time) having owned the Mirror Assault. You can apply the mirror skin to the Imperial by having owned the Mirror Star.

Both mirrors can use the parts from the corresponding Fleet ship too (as well as the Regent skin on the MUSC).

robdmc 02-23-2013 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captjamjamz (Post 8276681)
Prefixes are specifically tied to the ship itself, not the visuals. Hence you can have "I.S.S." on the mirror ships, even when you choose to not use the mirror universe skin.

Thanks for the reply. Sounds like it would be a head ache to change over.

snoggymack22 02-23-2013 07:45 PM

Some of us have the Nomad Skin and Imperial Skin because we bought them on the C-Store a few years ago. Heh.

asardetemplari 02-23-2013 10:59 PM

I bought the Fleet Assault Cruiser, pulled out my Mirror Star Cruiser and made it the Mirror version of the Imperial-class Fleet AC I have.

So yes, you can use the Nomad parts on your Mirror Assault Cruiser.



P.S. You can also use the Fleet hull material and the Fleet windows on it as well.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:01 AM.