Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Simple Solution To This Leecher Issue (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=565341)

kroguyz 02-23-2013 07:29 PM

Simple Solution To This Leecher Issue
 
With the fleet mark shift from foundry missions to fleet actions recently, I'm forced to play in pick up groups. That's where I first ran into these scums of the earth, aka Leechers. If it was up to me, I would send a ballistic missile to their house.

But of course reality is seldom what we wish it to be. So maybe a simpler solution. How about we utilize the auto AFK system that is already in the game. I believe it's auto disconnect after a player is AFK for 50 or so minutes?

Lets make it 60 seconds(or whatever time the experts feel is reasonable) for auto disconnect during group events such as STF/Fleet Action ect ect. I don't really care if the leecher gets penalized or not. As long as the leecher is out of my sight and stop affecting my game play, I'm happy.

It's not a perfect solution, but I think it's definitely an improvement. And hopefully does not require too much extra resources to implement.



Thanks for listening.

asassinx0 02-23-2013 07:56 PM

ROFL @ 60 SECONDS!!!!!

You realise that means everytime you go to the toilet...to the fridge...to the cupboard your going to have to relog back in???


Not a viable solution

scurry5 02-23-2013 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asassinx0 (Post 8278831)
ROFL @ 60 SECONDS!!!!!

You realise that means everytime you go to the toilet...to the fridge...to the cupboard your going to have to relog back in???


Not a viable solution

Uuuuhhh.....he meant only during group missions like STFs, which you really shouldn't be going to the toilet/fridge unless it's an emergency.

Unless you like to grief people that way.

csgtmyork 02-24-2013 12:19 AM

Just add a freakin vote to kick option! It's that simple! Oh sure, some people will abuse it. But more people abuse the system the way it is! What's worse? Keeping the system so the leechers profit? Or adding a vote to kick feature that may be abused now and then by jerks, but over all will solve the problem?

themartian 02-24-2013 04:21 AM

To prevent abuse of a "vote to kick" option, have it set so that it's only available if a player has neither caused or received damage for two minutes. That stops someone flying in circles staying artificially active.

rezking 02-24-2013 04:53 AM

Another issue (that will become a MAJOR pain in the arse) is HOW do you replace booted/kicked players?

Do you rely on players that just happen to be cruising the in-progress games OR do you automatically FORCE queued players into those vacancies?

Personally, I'd like the choice to start a new mission than jump into a session with a blown secondary.

jellico1 02-24-2013 05:33 AM

If its Kit release all the cubes and let the probes thru so the mission fails

If its cure release the neg'vars and let the kang die

Infested is the worst it cannot fail

as with all of the above ask the other players to agree with the plan and grief the griefer

after 10 minutes you can leave without penality i do believe


thats really all you can do the devs are not interested in adressing this problem its up to the players

Unless a dev wants to post here that they are interested ?

Devs feel free to say so :P

questerius 02-24-2013 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kroguyz (Post 8278571)
With the fleet mark shift from foundry missions to fleet actions recently, I'm forced to play in pick up groups. That's where I first ran into these scums of the earth, aka Leechers. If it was up to me, I would send a ballistic missile to their house.

But of course reality is seldom what we wish it to be. So maybe a simpler solution. How about we utilize the auto AFK system that is already in the game. I believe it's auto disconnect after a player is AFK for 50 or so minutes?

Lets make it 60 seconds(or whatever time the experts feel is reasonable) for auto disconnect during group events such as STF/Fleet Action ect ect. I don't really care if the leecher gets penalized or not. As long as the leecher is out of my sight and stop affecting my game play, I'm happy.

It's not a perfect solution, but I think it's definitely an improvement. And hopefully does not require too much extra resources to implement.

Thanks for listening.

Damage based rewards would work a lot better. No damage or below 100k damage inflicted? No reward. Etc.

csgtmyork 02-24-2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by questerius (Post 8283801)
Damage based rewards would work a lot better. No damage or below 100k damage inflicted? No reward. Etc.

No. Just no. There are lots of issues with this. What if someone joins the STF in the middle? What if I'm flying my healboat? Or tanking? Sure, 100K damage isn't a stupidly high amount, but I really don't like the idea of damaged based rewards. Escorts would make it in no time flat, while cruisers, sci vessels, and carriers would struggle.

elandarksky 02-24-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by questerius (Post 8283801)
Damage based rewards would work a lot better. No damage or below 100k damage inflicted? No reward. Etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by csgtmyork (Post 8287161)
No. Just no. There are lots of issues with this. What if someone joins the STF in the middle? What if I'm flying my healboat? Or tanking? Sure, 100K damage isn't a stupidly high amount, but I really don't like the idea of damaged based rewards. Escorts would make it in no time flat, while cruisers, sci vessels, and carriers would struggle.



Very much agreed, this game is already too escort favoured :p


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:07 AM.