Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Windows and General: PC, Network, and Other Technical Issues (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=401)
-   -   Dual Monitors (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=56536)

Archived Post 01-12-2010 07:35 AM

Dual Monitors

Ok, I just got myself a brand new computer and I have a dual monitor setup with the ATI HD5850 card all set up. I donwloaded and installed STO. Now my question is...

Should I play the game with the Full screen setting OR set it up in windowed full screen so I can still have access to the second monitor? Being that I have a great vid card I think I can run it windowed and still keep access to that second monitor...however, if the graphics will be affected greatly by having access to the second monitor then i will run it full screen. My primary monitor is a 24" 1920 x 1080 monitor and my secondary is a 22" monitor.

Does anyone else plan on running dual screen? I like dual screens because i can quickly look stuff up online about STO if I need to while i am still in the game...I used to run that same setup with WoW. Does anyone know the viablity of dual screens in the closed beta?

Archived Post 01-12-2010 07:39 AM

Like Champions Online you may find yourself unable to play STO in windowed mode. Think that you can only play STO in full screen mode.

Archived Post 01-12-2010 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabronius (Post 1376952)
Ok, I just got myself a brand new computer and I have a dual monitor setup with the ATI HD5850 card all set up. I donwloaded and installed STO. Now my question is...

Should I play the game with the Full screen setting OR set it up in windowed full screen so I can still have access to the second monitor? Being that I have a great vid card I think I can run it windowed and still keep access to that second monitor...however, if the graphics will be affected greatly by having access to the second monitor then i will run it full screen. My primary monitor is a 24" 1920 x 1080 monitor and my secondary is a 22" monitor.

Does anyone else plan on running dual screen? I like dual screens because i can quickly look stuff up online about STO if I need to while i am still in the game...I used to run that same setup with WoW. Does anyone know the viablity of dual screens in the closed beta?

That was my plan as well. Going to 'try' and set that up this afternoon after work

Archived Post 01-12-2010 07:43 AM

I considered triple-screen but my old Parhelia is just not up to todays challenge. And I can't afford a triplehead2go right now..

If there is a windowed fullscreen mode then I think dual screen would work better, otherwise it'd just minimize the window whenever you click outside.

Archived Post 01-12-2010 07:51 AM

Im glad to report that STO supports triple monitor resolutions through eyefinity. I was able to select 5080x1050 right off the bat from the options without any hassle. Havent tried it in game yet, but the title screen is pretty in triple monitor!

Archived Post 01-12-2010 07:52 AM

Windowed Full Screen

Yeah, there is a a windowed full screen mode and I have set that as my current setting. I will enter OB tonight after work and see if the windowed full screen is viable. I just got a new comp http://www.newegg.com/Product/NewPro...82E16883229150 and I am excited to see how far i can push it.

Archived Post 01-12-2010 07:54 AM

Full Screen Windowed Mode

I can confirm that there is an option to run in single full screen windowed mode and still have fluid access to the second monitor. That being said I have only been able to test this on the title screen as I am not able to log into the game currently. I will update post once I know more.

Archived Post 01-12-2010 08:27 AM

Windowed full screen mode works quite well. I have the game on one screen and my other screen contained my vent, forums, and other random screens.

Archived Post 01-12-2010 08:30 AM

I installed the OB client this morning and was able to change the video options to Windowed Mode/Full Screen and it worked just fine with my dual monitor setup just like World of ********.

Archived Post 01-12-2010 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acornia (Post 1377011)
Like Champions Online you may find yourself unable to play STO in windowed mode. Think that you can only play STO in full screen mode.

No, STO works fine in window mode and Dual Screen.

I played the whole beta in window mode on 2x Samsung 24" Screens :D