Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Windows and General: PC, Network, and Other Technical Issues (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=401)
-   -   "Disconnected from Server" (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=565391)

dem613 02-23-2013 08:25 PM

"Disconnected from Server"

I keep getting disconnected, and I don't know why? It's been happening to me a lot.

Can anyone help?

jst455 02-23-2013 08:50 PM

I have had 3 disconnects in the last week. All when I was beaming up to ship.

dem613 02-24-2013 07:54 AM

And I had about 5 or 6 yesterday while either completing a New Romulus mission or participating in a fleet action.

I've been getting them almost every time I play, maybe 2 or 3 times.

lethal61 02-24-2013 08:03 AM

I havent had any trouble with disconnects i would say to check your connection first before posting here with a i need help post that dosent explain anything and knowone can help you with a post like that.

dem613 02-24-2013 12:36 PM

my connection is fine...The server status has a green dot beside it on the login screen

thejosephine 02-25-2013 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dem613 (Post 8288631)
my connection is fine...The server status has a green dot beside it on the login screen

He means your connection to the internet, and as such to the server. Here is a guide that Cryptic gave to diagnose problems.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=225155

However, the response to check your connection is the general piss-off response given by those who the game is working for and Cryptic itself. While there are some cases of legitimate connection problems, many people, myself included, have been fighting this issue for a while. I get the "good" results from all of the tests to the server and still get disconnected nearly every map transfer. I have even changed computers and internet providers and still the issue occurs (though not specifically to play this game).

I also used to be able to alt-tab or play in separate windows, but any time I switch out of STO, boom, disconnected. I can now only play if I use the U.S. proxy in the options and then only if I don't try to do more than just have the game loaded. Not using the proxy and it will disconnect just sitting in sector space talking on chat.

brish01 02-25-2013 09:47 PM

Heh, i know the feeling.

lets see, clearing your DNS ( type comand in the seherach box) and then ipconfig /flushdns. *check.

Ping test, 54 ms ( a bit higher then normal)

3 min disconcets, a bit over the top.

Next step to to run on a proxy.

If that dont work, well there are other mmos I can throw my cash at.

dem613 02-26-2013 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thejosephine (Post 8299171)
He means your connection to the internet, and as such to the server. Here is a guide that Cryptic gave to diagnose problems.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=225155

However, the response to check your connection is the general piss-off response given by those who the game is working for and Cryptic itself. While there are some cases of legitimate connection problems, many people, myself included, have been fighting this issue for a while. I get the "good" results from all of the tests to the server and still get disconnected nearly every map transfer. I have even changed computers and internet providers and still the issue occurs (though not specifically to play this game).

I also used to be able to alt-tab or play in separate windows, but any time I switch out of STO, boom, disconnected. I can now only play if I use the U.S. proxy in the options and then only if I don't try to do more than just have the game loaded. Not using the proxy and it will disconnect just sitting in sector space talking on chat.

My internet is connected and works fine when I play the game.

Quote:

Originally Posted by brish01 (Post 8314091)
lets see, clearing your DNS ( type comand in the seherach box) and then ipconfig /flushdns. *check.

Ping test, 54 ms ( a bit higher then normal)

3 min disconcets, a bit over the top.

Next step to to run on a proxy.

If that dont work, well there are other mmos I can throw my cash at.

Can any of you explain this in english?

brish01 02-26-2013 11:06 AM

Heh.

All my knowledge form networks has resulted form trying to fix mmo lag.

A dns flush sometimes fixes lag. (google it)

A ping test is what techs use to detemtine it the systomps or cuased by the ISP or the game itself. (agian google pingtest)

Running under a proxiy connect is not the best of choices, but that can fix lag form sto in most cases (it under the option in the luancher).

Again all of my teck knowledge has come form looking problems up on google, and learning how to correct them.

* Also being under the US proxy I havnt noticed as much lag as I was getting last night.

coupaholic 02-26-2013 12:54 PM

I disconnect every now and then if other people in my house are also online, but not enough times to hinder my playtime.

Today however I have been having serious problems. No lag to speak of, a little rubber banding but not much. Mostly it's just everything on my screen freezing in place, the 'server not responding' message comes up and then it kicks me out.

It's happened over a dozen times today in the space of a few hours total playtime. At least 5 times was in Ker'rat while trying to complete the daily. If others are experiencing this then there could be a problem.