Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Federation Shipyards (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   Fleet Advanced Heavy Cruiser Retrofit layout advice needed. (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=566211)

skb138 02-24-2013 06:03 PM

Fleet Advanced Heavy Cruiser Retrofit layout advice needed.

As the title says, im in a tier5 excelsior. I love this ship, im just having a hard time figuring how weapons layout.
Ive gone 8 beam arrays, its not bad with two copies of eptw1, but its still not the best IMO.
Ive used 6 beam arrays and mines out back and hyper plasma torp out front. Still a waste of two slots while broadsiding.
Now i have three disruptor dual beam banks on the front, aong with the hyper plasma torp. I have three disruptor turrets out back with a cutting beam. It seems pretty solid.
Tac boff skills are tt1, tt2, FAW3
eng skills eptw1, aux2sif1, DEM2, aux2sif3
epts1 epts2
eptw1
sci skills are HE1 and HE2
I am an engineer, looking to do as much dps as possible with an engineer.
Im using three very rare mk xi neutronium consoles, assimilated console, two field generators, and four very rare mk xii disruptor induction coils. Also subspace field modulator, mk xii adapted maco engines, xii maco shield and xii maco deflector.
Id like to do more dps.
Please advise, lol. What improvements would you guys suggest, what weapon layouts on cruisers have you guys used?
And i know eng main role isnt dps, but id like to maximize this one.

nikephorus 02-24-2013 06:53 PM

My suggestion would be to run the following;

Fore: 3xBeam arrays (in your case disruptor beam arrays), 1xTorpedo Launcher (Romulan, Omega, Wide Angle Quantum are all good options. You could also go with a dual beam bank rather then a torp launcher if you wanna go all beams)
Aft: 3xBeam arrays, Borg Kinetic Cutting Beam

adamkafei 02-25-2013 03:56 AM

I'd say (Flying this ship myself) drop the second Tac team and use 2 doffs for it (rare or better) and drop your FAW to level 2 allowing your to get Attack Pattern Beta 2 (nice damage buff to go with FAW) and use 6 beam arrays with 100 base power in weapons (makes a HUGE difference), the problem with 8 arrays is the power drain does more harm than its worth. It would be a good idea to grab the wide angle quantum and putting that on the front. I would advise anything that doesn't use power for the last aft slot.

My Eng Fleet Excel build (Extra tac console is all) can handle Kang duty in CSE, heal allies when needed and tank doing so is as follows:

Weapons
Fore: 3x Beam array, 1 torp
Aft: See fore

Equipment
Full MACO Mk XII (Aegis is a good alternative despite the reviews)

Consoles
Eng: 2x Neutronium Mk XI (Blue), SIF Generator Mk XI (Blue), Monotanium Mk XI (Purple)
Sci: Field Generator Mk XI (Blue), Emitter Array Mk XI (Blue)
Tac: 4x Energy type (3 in your case)

Boffs
Lt Tac: TT1, FAW2, AP:B2
CMDR Eng: EPtS1, RSP1, Aux2SIF2, EWP3
Lt Eng: ET1, ES1
Ens Eng: EPtW1
Lt Sci: HE1, TSS2

Doffs
3x Damage Control Engineer (Purple), Warp-core engineer (Purple), (Undecided at the moment)

Base Power
Weapons: 100
Shields: 25
Engines: 25
Auxiliary: 50

Without the DCE doffs swap out the Lt Eng skills for appropriate EPtX skills and if you must use DEM use it at level 3 and get the doff for it (at Vrare level)

nicha0 02-25-2013 05:18 AM

This is my current build, I plan to refine it more

Front weapons: Rom torpedo, 2 plasma BAs, Romulan experimental beam array
Rear: Cutting beam, 3 plasma BAs

TT1, BFaW2, BFaW3
HE1, TSS2
EPtW1, EPtS2, EPtS3, Aux2SIF3
EPtW1, RSP
ET

Borg shields
Borg deflector
Borg engine

Consoles:
Plasma energy x 4
Field gen x 2 (though playing with one +threat +plasma dmg +shield regen console still)
Borg module, Tachokinetic converter (or RCS), ZPM (Romulan rep console), Neutorium/Monotonium

Doffs
Projectile weapons x 2, Connx2, DCE

This is hardly optimal right now. The BFaW needs a look at, I could probably reduce a EPtS and free up a lt eng for something better. The DCE is being wasted where it is.

The borg set is the ultimate in sustained tanking, despite what the Maco people tell you. You have lots of hull and resists, use it.