Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Federation Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   Omega Force Antiproton Autocarbine Question. (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=566331)

edwarlord 02-24-2013 11:26 PM

Omega Force Antiproton Autocarbine Question.

When I use the Omega Force Antiproton Autocarbine's secondary ability: Full Auto Sweep, sometimes it refreshes instantly bypassing its CD (6sec I believe). I can't figure out what triggers this instant refresh. Is it when you hit 3 targets, or if you expose any target with that ability, or if you hit an exposed target(s) with that ability, or if you crit a target using that ability... anyone know for sure?

The Lunge ability works similarly. But in that ability's case to refresh instantly you have to use it on an exposed target, otherwise its CD kicks in.

mimey2 02-25-2013 12:02 AM

Are you sure someone or yourself hasn't hit Tactical Initiative? That might in fact be why possibly.

woodwhity 02-25-2013 02:09 AM

Seems like tactical initiative was active.

unangbangkay 02-25-2013 07:05 AM

While we're on the topic of the Omega Force weapon, has anyone else noticed that it doesn't appear on your character's back when holstered? On mine it just disappeared like before the feature was added.

shadowfang240 02-25-2013 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mimey2 (Post 8295551)
Are you sure someone or yourself hasn't hit Tactical Initiative? That might in fact be why possibly.

i thought Tactical Initiative only affected power CD, not weapon CD?

hypl 02-25-2013 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unangbangkay (Post 8298631)
While we're on the topic of the Omega Force weapon, has anyone else noticed that it doesn't appear on your character's back when holstered? On mine it just disappeared like before the feature was added.

The weapon was designed to be compacted and has the melee animations of a pistol. Would be nice if Cryptic showed it folded up and holstered on the hip or something.

tenkari 02-25-2013 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hypl (Post 8299231)
The weapon was designed to be compacted and has the melee animations of a pistol. Would be nice if Cryptic showed it folded up and holstered on the hip or something.

so... it works like all the weapons of mass effect, they just dont show the holstering/unholstering animations. or the weapon holstered.... pity. I liked sometimes just holstering unholstering my different mass effect weapons just to see how each one was different.

mimey2 02-25-2013 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadowfang240 (Post 8298701)
i thought Tactical Initiative only affected power CD, not weapon CD?

On the ground, it affects pretty much everything under the sun. Like I can fire a secondary shot on a pulsewave several times in quick succession while TI is running.

shadowfang240 02-25-2013 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mimey2 (Post 8301801)
On the ground, it affects pretty much everything under the sun. Like I can fire a secondary shot on a pulsewave several times in quick succession while TI is running.

yeesh...as if the cryo launcher+ambush+stealth module combo wasn't powerful enough already; with TI, anything that somehow manages to survive the initial arcwave blast will just get taken down by the second one

edwarlord 02-25-2013 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mimey2 (Post 8295551)

Nope. I keep forgetting to use Tactical Initiative. And this is just from doing reruns. In stfs I was the only tac while the rest were engi or sci. So ya still can't figure out what triggers its instant refresh. And Tactical Initiative lowers the CD by a percentage, not eliminates it all together (e.g. not a 100% CD reduction), lol.