Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Federation Shipyards (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   Make the Oddesy bridge available in teh Zen store! (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=566391)

boldwolf89 02-24-2013 11:46 PM

Make the Oddesy bridge available in teh Zen store!
 
Seriously? You finally have something I would gladly pay money for and the only way to get it is to specifically buy that ship, and only one version of it? COME ON!!! I intend on buying a ship when I reach vice admiral, but you are going to get picky and try to force me to buy a specific one, when i am willing to pay for the ship i want AND the Aquarius bridge. Your loss I guess.

amayakitsune 02-24-2013 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boldwolf89 (Post 8295861)
Seriously? You finally have something I would gladly pay money for and the only way to get it is to specifically buy that ship, and only one version of it? COME ON!!! I intend on buying a ship when I reach vice admiral, but you are going to get picky and try to force me to buy a specific one, when i am willing to pay for the ship i want AND the Aquarius bridge. Your loss I guess.

Any of the 3 C-Store odysseys have the bridge...

tenkari 02-25-2013 08:15 AM

they havent made any new bridges available in the Cstore since the DS9 bundle was made. honestly, aside from doff packs, i think the only new items in a year have been ships.

altechachan 02-25-2013 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boldwolf89 (Post 8295861)
Seriously? You finally have something I would gladly pay money for and the only way to get it is to specifically buy that ship, and only one version of it? COME ON!!! I intend on buying a ship when I reach vice admiral, but you are going to get picky and try to force me to buy a specific one, when i am willing to pay for the ship i want AND the Aquarius bridge. Your loss I guess.

As mentioned above, buying any of the Odyssey ships unlock the bridge.

Also, the Aquarius bridge only works with the Odyssey ships anyway since the Aquarius bridge have windows that look out onto the Odyssey's hull.

It's not like you can use that on the Defiant...

boldwolf89 02-25-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by altechachan (Post 8300531)
As mentioned above, buying any of the Odyssey ships unlock the bridge.

Also, the Aquarius bridge only works with the Odyssey ships anyway since the Aquarius bridge have windows that look out onto the Odyssey's hull.

It's not like you can use that on the Defiant...

Yes it would be inconsistent, but i bet you 90% of us are using a bridge that doesn't match the ship (especially since they apparently can't make the ship display vary.), and in some cases wouldn't actually fit in our ships bridge spot. that's not stopping us. So, horrible excuse to not allow it. Once again I'm planning on paying for a ship anyway way, and i would pay for the bridge separately, or a smaller variation of it. But i get screwed out of the only bridge I have ever liked in this game, because I won't pay real money for a ship that not only would have a hard time orbiting our planet it's turning radius sucks so bad, but doesn't even have the hull points to make up for it. I would figure this request would be no big deal since they only seem to be concerned about making things we have to pay for these days. And i know I'm not the only one who would pay for it. They wouldn't even have to build anything new. Just make it available.

altechachan 02-25-2013 01:52 PM

The Aquarius bridge also has a unique mini-map with it actually shows where you are in the saucer section of a Odyssey-class ship.

I think what would work better for your request is if Cryptic would release a "Generic-themed Aquarius Bridge set". This would be fully enclosed like the other bridges you see and not have the unique trimmings of the more elaborate Odyssey Aquarius set. The decor and styling would be the same though.

idrona 02-25-2013 02:10 PM

<GrumpyPost>

The bridge is the only really good thing with the Odyssey, so in a sense the bridge is already in the c-store.. :rolleyes:

</GrumpyPost>

ascaladar 02-25-2013 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idrona (Post 8307001)
<GrumpyPost>

The bridge is the only really good thing with the Odyssey, so in a sense the bridge is already in the c-store.. :rolleyes:

</GrumpyPost>


The Odyssey is one of the best cruisers but of course you are entitled to your own opinion. :D

Anyway, what I would want are modern bridges for other cruisers, with ME-style holographic displays like the Aquarius one. Can you imagine how awesome an updated Pandora-Bridge would look.:cool:


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:21 PM.