questions from a new player
I've been playing for a month-ish now. I started with the F2P and bought a sub. I really like the game and I am a huge Trek fan but I have some questions about some idiosyncrasies and I am curious if there is some history to explain them.
1) Why does the Exchange not have more search filters? Such as being able to search for doffs and specify the attributes you want as well as sort out the Klingon-only doffs when searching from the Federation side and visa-versa?
2) Why do some windows close others? I notice when assigning doffs I sometimes want to be at the exchange so I can grab ones to fit the assignment. If I open the replicator, it closes the Exchange. If I am assigning doffs through the department heads, opening the replicator closes the department heads assignment tab.
3) Why can you sort bank and inventory but not account bank?
4) Why is there an option to open either Bank or Account Bank but bank gives access to both?
5) Why does opening doff department heads in sector space stop your ship?
6) Why is being unruly and stubborn ever a bad attribute for a Klingon? (just kidding there)
Thanks for your time!
1). It hasn't been updated in approximately forever. It wasn't quite sufficient for what it did back at launch, but doffs and a number of other things are new (at least compared to the exchange).
2). Anything that counts as an NPC dialog will close anything else that counts as one. All vendor panels, the exchange, and doff contacts (including department heads and ESD/academy NPCs).
3). Nobody knows. Bank sorting is a pretty new option, though. It's possible it was left out because of the size difference: a gold player with all the space unlocks will have a pretty huge bank/inventory, but account banks are still pretty limited.
4). There are a few places where you can access one or the other and not both. The account bank is accessible from the bridge, for example, but the player bank is not.
5). By default, any NPC dialog (boff or contact pop up, vendor, etc) stops your ship. You can disable this in settings.
6). Some jobs call for a gentler touch, especially dealing with the conquered or allied races. Klingon culture might not be well suited for those jobs, but they've still got to be done.
Thank you for your insight, I really appreciate it!
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:20 AM.|