Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Federation Shipyards (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   Shield Regeneration Rate ? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=568301)

onlyslightlybent 02-26-2013 02:50 PM

Shield Regeneration Rate ?

I noticed whenever I equip the maco/adapted maco/aegis space shield I see no regeneration rate under the defense section of the ship while in space. Yet when I equip the omega/borg shield it shows the regeneration rate.

Shouldn't the maco/adapted maco/aegis shields have a shield regen. rate as well? or is this a bug?

dalnar83 02-26-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onlyslightlybent (Post 8325811)
I noticed whenever I equip the maco/adapted maco/aegis space shield I see no regeneration rate under the defense section of the ship while in space. Yet when I equip the omega/borg shield it shows the regeneration rate.

Shouldn't the maco/adapted maco/aegis shields have a shield regen. rate as well? or is this a bug?

That's just GUI error, they of course have regen, you just do not see it.

taehsong 03-25-2013 05:27 PM

Shield Regenation

Not seeing shield regeneration on M.A.C.O or some of the other Reputation reward shield gear... Romulan Advanced Prototype.

They do not show shield regeneration on the Status page, they do not regenerate in battle.

stumpfgobs 03-25-2013 08:06 PM

As far as i could tell, covariant shields don't show the reg. Normal/resilient/regenerative do.

taehsong 11-24-2013 12:05 AM

Answer

Any Regenerative Shield will cause the regeneration rate to show, but only by a fixed amount, 222.9 shield/6 sec.

I only know enough programming to suspect the type of shielding you're using affects the weather it shows regeneration rate or not.

Assimilated Regenerative Shield seems to be a assigned a different type, gives slightly higher rate of 228.1 shield/6 sec.

tenkari 11-24-2013 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taehsong (Post 13665091)
Any Regenerative Shield will cause the regeneration rate to show, but only by a fixed amount, 222.9 shield/6 sec.

I only know enough programming to suspect the type of shielding you're using affects the weather it shows regeneration rate or not.

Assimilated Regenerative Shield seems to be a assigned a different type, gives slightly higher rate of 228.1 shield/6 sec.

i know my fleet advanced resilient and jem hadar mk XI resilients dont have changing regeneration rate wether im running really low shield power, or max 125/100

simeion1 11-25-2013 01:14 AM

Regen rate is based off you power level and ship shield multiplier. This is based off you power level being at 50. For every 25 point above 50 power level you shield regen rate will add that same regen rate. It is hard to word but this is how it is based off of a shield with a regen rate of 200.

Power level/regen rate
50 power/ 200 regen
75 power/ 400 regen
100/600
125/800

Of course the regen rate drops if your power level is drops below 50. This is one reason why you don't regen when at full impulse speed. Remember this is per facing.

tenkari 11-25-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simeion1 (Post 13679761)
Regen rate is based off you power level and ship shield multiplier. This is based off you power level being at 50. For every 25 point above 50 power level you shield regen rate will add that same regen rate. It is hard to word but this is how it is based off of a shield with a regen rate of 200.

Power level/regen rate
50 power/ 200 regen
75 power/ 400 regen
100/600
125/800

Of course the regen rate drops if your power level is drops below 50. This is one reason why you don't regen when at full impulse speed. Remember this is per facing.

i dont know if its working though or not, because i can sit in a space combat map and have 125/100 shield power, and my shield regen rate says 190.7/6 seconds, and if i goto 50 power, it still says 190.7/6 sec.

simeion1 11-25-2013 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tenkari (Post 13686231)
i dont know if its working though or not, because i can sit in a space combat map and have 125/100 shield power, and my shield regen rate says 190.7/6 seconds, and if i goto 50 power, it still says 190.7/6 sec.

I believe it is working. The current malfunction is in the UI. It could be caused by numerous things. I now sometimes changing maps it will pick up and some shields want. The bug use to exist for your crit info, the information use to stay the same.

Are you looking at the shield icon, or the ship interface with the defense tab open?

tenkari 11-26-2013 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simeion1 (Post 13696771)
I believe it is working. The current malfunction is in the UI. It could be caused by numerous things. I now sometimes changing maps it will pick up and some shields want. The bug use to exist for your crit info, the information use to stay the same.

Are you looking at the shield icon, or the ship interface with the defense tab open?

both, done it in sol system, in the spire(mission), and in breach. it was always the same.