Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Windows and General: PC, Network, and Other Technical Issues (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=401)
-   -   server not responding/discon from login server (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=56840)

Archived Post 01-12-2010 10:18 AM

server not responding/discon from login server

Hey guys

Ive just played through the tutorial fine and was leaving after killing the borg cube to go to earth when i got the message on the load screen server not responding i waited a few mins then ctrl alt deleted out loged back in again and again the load screen said server not responding so i ctrl alt deleted out again loged in yet again and now all im getting is disconected from login server after i have loged in selected a toon and hit play.Im assuming its because of server stress at the payload its got on it but just in case i thought id post to see if it could be a problem my end

Edit:-
now im getting log in server connection time out so i guess that clarifiyes its server and not me
thanks
stefan

Archived Post 01-12-2010 10:22 AM

Stuck at retrieving list of chars, had this prob in cb to occasionally on later builds, char server toppled over i guess ??

:(

Got back in only to get char almost recreated then it loses connection to server again !

Archived Post 01-12-2010 10:23 AM

Ditto... though I haven't got past character creation :(

Archived Post 01-12-2010 10:25 AM

Ditto. I keep getting dumped mid Character Creation.

Archived Post 01-12-2010 10:27 AM

It is because there is not enough bandwith to the server and I am assuming the website is on the same bandwith as the game server because of the lag in the website...

My concern is if there isnt enough bandwith to simply beta test the game what is going to happen when people start buying it in stores at launch? Cryptic needs to get more bandwith into their data center.

Archived Post 01-12-2010 10:34 AM

My news on my Site:

Quote:

Closed Beta starts with complications

It thus seems as if more users try to log in than previously suspected. In my case for quite a while i see "Retrieving list of characters ..." and then comes the message of the time out and I'm getting back to the login screen. The Forum is also already some posts, such as by stefman123:

Quote:

Hey guys

Ive just played through the tutorial fine and was leaving after killing the borg cube to go to earth when i got the message on the load screen server not responding i waited a few mins then ctrl alt deleted out loged back in again and again the load screen said server not responding so i ctrl alt deleted out again loged in yet again and now all im getting is disconected from login server after i have loged in selected a toon and hit play.Im assuming its because of server stress at the payload its got on it but just in case i thought id post to see if it could be a problem my end

Edit:-
now im getting log in server connection time out so i guess that clarifiyes its server and not me
thanks
stefan

Seems as if the will "stress ECG," in the closed beta but not enough were suspected as before. In the final phase of 09.01.2009 - 11.01.2009 the connections to the servers were constantly interrupted so that Cryptic can work on the performance.

We will continue to investigate and keep you up to date.

I hope we can play soon and the release will not start like this.

MfG
Tiberius Jean Garrett
-Fleet Captain
www.66th-fleet.de

Edit:
I AM ONLINE

Archived Post 01-12-2010 10:34 AM

Cerulean, his rage-o-meter rising.
Cerulean, his character lost midway through creation...x4
Visculent (Cerulean's brother), laughing at his brother with fists akimbo