Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Gameplay Bug Reports (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Flickering Graphics (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=56923)

Archived Post 01-12-2010 10:44 AM

Flickering Graphics

Hey all,

while I have been getting the "Map is full" error, I did manage to get in to the tutorial once. When I was inside the graphics were flickering like mad, sometimes everything but the UI would go out, sometimes it would just be a black slash across the screen. I am running a ATI Radeon X4350 mobile graphics card on a laptop. Last night I updated the drivers, then when I was getting the flickering I tried rolling them back. Now I'm getting the Map is full error, which is understandable what with the server load and all, so I haven't been able to test in game with the driver rolled back, however at the character selection screen I still get the flickering, so I'm guessing it'll still be there once I'm in game. Any thoughts?

EDIT: This is NOT the loading screen issue that many are reporting! This is an in-game graphical issue that makes the game UNPLAYABLE!

Archived Post 01-12-2010 10:52 AM

Remember to hit the green bug in game to report the bug properly. You will be prompted for a description. Don't just post here

Archived Post 01-12-2010 11:00 AM

I've beta tested many times before, I know how it works ;) bug reported, details and all, I was just wondering if anyone around here had found a fix for this issue or was having the same problem.

Archived Post 01-12-2010 11:19 AM

I get a litle flickering too, but really only on a LOADING screen where only the background flickers madly. This is running on a Radeon HD5870 card.

Archived Post 01-12-2010 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cwynlaen
I get a litle flickering too, but really only on a LOADING screen where only the background flickers madly. This is running on a Radeon HD5870 card.

I get this same thing... But I'm running an Nvidia GTX260 with the 191.07 WHQL drivers. Since you have this on an ATI/AMD card that indicates this is an issue with their game engine! It's really an epilepsy hazard! I wonder if Cryptic has incorporated a disclaimer for that yet?

Archived Post 01-12-2010 11:27 AM

So after managing to connect and run around a little, it doesn't make the game entirely unplayable, but almost, I imagine if I was in a serious combat situation I'd be unable to make it through. Hope there's a fix coming, but that's the way beta goes! :)

Archived Post 01-12-2010 11:36 AM

I get the same issue with the backgrouond loading screens on the 9800gtx+ on latest drivers. In game is fine, although choppy in places

Archived Post 01-12-2010 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannyone (Post 1382523)
I get this same thing... But I'm running an Nvidia GTX260 with the 191.07 WHQL drivers. Since you have this on an ATI/AMD card that indicates this is an issue with their game engine! It's really an epilepsy hazard! I wonder if Cryptic has incorporated a disclaimer for that yet?

Use version 190.62

Archived Post 01-12-2010 01:44 PM

Anyone come up with a workaround for this with the ATI cards?
I just made it into the space part of the tutorial and it's impossible to play with this graphics issue, a total showstopper, I really hope this gets fixed by release because if it doesn't it looks like I'm out of luck as far as playing this game is concerned.

Archived Post 01-12-2010 01:46 PM

At the loading screen the edges blink like a strobe light. I had to remove my friend from the room as she is prone to seizures and this was happening alot. I have noticed this since closed beta, but thought it might be my graphic card. Going to attempt it on several computers before I actually bug it tho.