Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Academy (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   Lifetime sale? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=569331)

ripp62 02-27-2013 12:05 PM

Lifetime sale?

hey i just wanna ask Cryptic and PWE if we gonna see lifetime sale any time now ?
plz

ussfury 02-27-2013 12:45 PM

Yes please! I second this.

mithrosnomore 02-28-2013 08:05 AM

Why would Cryptic do that?

Why would any retailer tell prospective customers "Don't give us full price for this thing today. If you can do without it for just three weeks, we will have it on sale and you can give us less money for the same thing"?

captainbailey 02-28-2013 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mithrosnomore (Post 8356051)

Why would any retailer tell prospective customers "Don't give us full price for this thing today. If you can do without it for just three weeks, we will have it on sale and you can give us less money for the same thing"?

Well first off most retailers that have flyers put them out a few days before the sale starts to let you know whats going to be on sale. Also, they give you usually a 30 day money-back guaruntee something i doubt cryptic would do. That happened to me with another game called fiesta. I bought something at full price then within 24 hours it went on sale and they said sorry we wont give you difference back which a normal retailer with good business practices would have done.

howiedizzle 02-28-2013 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mithrosnomore (Post 8356051)

YES! Let's not tell the people so we can trap one person into paying the full price instead of giving people a 3 weeks notice so that those that couldn't normally afford product X now may be able to plan and work it into their budget... BRILLIANT!

Man, you're an economics genius...

idrona 02-28-2013 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ripp62 (Post 8341991)
hey i just wanna ask Cryptic and PWE if we gonna see lifetime sale any time now ?
plz

If they do plan on that I just hope for a very early notice beforehand and that it will last atleast a few weeks, so everyone that plan on buying gets the chance.

phyrexianhero 02-28-2013 09:15 AM

There is traditionally no notice about lifetime sales (or zen sales, ship sales, etc.) before it happens for the already mentioned reason.

idrona 02-28-2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phyrexianhero (Post 8357691)
There is traditionally no notice about lifetime sales (or zen sales, ship sales, etc.) before it happens for the already mentioned reason.

I know that by now, hence the "hope". :)

ripp62 03-01-2013 04:56 AM

the thing is if you tell me you will put a sale on lifetime i will buy it ... otherwise not, thats why i ask

phyrexianhero 03-01-2013 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ripp62 (Post 8375431)
the thing is if you tell me you will put a sale on lifetime i will buy it ... otherwise not, thats why i ask

Since the game went F2P in January 2012 there have been two lifetime sales: June 5-29 and October 9-November 12, corresponding with graduations and the instant veteran rewards perks.

Stahl has stated they plan on having a couple of lifetime sub sales per year. I'd speculate that there'll be one by or around May since they have said there are new perks for gold subscribers with their next big update.