Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Klingon Fleetyards (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=217)
-   -   Does anyone have the Dakronh BoP? (Fleet B'rel) (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=569951)

mimey2 02-28-2013 12:10 AM

Does anyone have the Dakronh BoP? (Fleet B'rel)

I'm just curious if anyone has managed to get a Fleet B'rel yet, and what you might think of it as such.

I'm calling it the Dakronh because that was the name of Chang's BoP in the novel of Undiscovered Country.

doffingcomrade 02-28-2013 12:43 AM

Well, it's basically the same ship with an extra Engineering console. It gains 10% of not a lot of hull, because it's a BoP and has no real hull, and some more of its zero shields. The extra engineering console does nothing for the ship's core functionality, so you end up jamming an extra toy into it.

travelingmaster 02-28-2013 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doffingcomrade (Post 8351971)
Well, it's basically the same ship with an extra Engineering console. It gains 10% of not a lot of hull, because it's a BoP and has no real hull, and some more of its zero shields. The extra engineering console does nothing for the ship's core functionality, so you end up jamming an extra toy into it.

This. You're probably better off just sticking with the regular B'rel, unless you have a use for the extra hull and the engineering console.

ironmako 02-28-2013 08:38 AM

All this time i have been building my ZEN up for a Fleet B'rel, and now i'm hearing that its better just to get the brel which is 500 ZEN cheaper???

Wouldn't the extra engineering slot help with damage resistance as well as the extra hull?

I love BoP's and i am well aware that the borg will split a BoP in two just by looking at it, but i thought the "little extra" would help? Anyone with knowledge or exp in this matter please help!

cmdrskyfaller 02-28-2013 09:07 AM

the extra console enables you to put one more universal console toy in there.

The sad thing is, the fleet brel is not really making the brel better, it simply makes the c-store version poorer.

Why buy the cstore when the fleet one gets it all and more?

Cstore version should have a console of its own. since enhanced cloak works only with torpedoes, that console should be torpedo based.

For example, have the console remove shared timers on torpedoes while the ambush effect is up. That way the brel could fire all four forward torpedoes in the re-cloak window.

by shared timer i mean the global 1 or 2 second delay to fire another torpedo that triggers when one torp is fired.

marc8219 02-28-2013 09:15 AM

The reason to buy the z-store version is because the Fleet version will cost you the same if you buy the z-store version first or not. It is 5 modules if you don't own the z-store version, and 1 module if you do own it so it works out to 2500 zen regardless to own both. You would have to be really dumb to just get the Fleet version without getting z-store version first or absolutely sure you only plan on using a B'rel on 1 character forever.

I would rather have 1 more tac or sci console, but the extra eng console is still nice, I'll get it soon.

twam 02-28-2013 09:16 AM

It appears the fleet B'rel can stay in the action for just that little bit longer - maybe a hit, hit and run vessel then. But, since the hull and shield bonuses are %-based, it's mostly the engineering console that'll give you some extra leeway, I suspect.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmdrskyfaller (Post 8357451)
Why buy the cstore when the fleet one gets it all and more?

Because some people have more characters, would pretty much be the reason.

I have 5 KDF characters. I have the C-Store B'rel, and would still have bought it if I did have access to a maxed out fleetyard. If I had only one character in a high-level fleet, well, I'd get the fleet version instead.

mimey2 02-28-2013 10:56 AM

The fact that it gains an engineering console, the worst possible choice they could've had on it, really irks me.

A science console would at least allow for another for another stealth module, or science your ship up more, and the obvious tac console would let me put in another damage-booster.

mustafatennick 02-28-2013 12:00 PM

Based on the fact you fight with your hull in this ship the 10% shields are pointless

Based on the fact hull in any ship disintegrates at the sign of a Borg torpedo or invisitorp as it were the extra 2k is pointless

So based on that fact that it takes a tier 5 shipyard to get I wouldn't worry too much the zen store version is awesome and can be used on all alts character wide its a no brainer

Plus because of the hideous "diminishing returns" BS that extra eng console is the worse console they could have given it just another point of how poorly craptic serve the kdf their limited content

ironmako 02-28-2013 12:33 PM

Well i'm planning on a torp boat, and i thought the extra engi slot would help a little at least. So if i get a normal B'rel, i can get the fleet B'rel for just 1 ship module? Damn, that sounds like a no brainer! 2 B'rels for the price of one!