Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   The Undine Lock Box - Featuring the Tethys dreadnought?? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=570391)

born2bwild1 02-28-2013 09:01 AM

The Undine Lock Box - Featuring the Tethys dreadnought??
 
So Borg are pretty much out for the next lock box - too much confusion with all the Borg content in game.

That leaves the Undine - with 3 ships:

Tethys dreadnought

Vile battleship

Nicor Cruiser


As they use Antiproton weapons, it would be a good way to introduce them as one of the other prizes - Phased Anti-proton??

It would be real nice this time if they would allow some bigger range of color adjustment as I am not too fond of the mustard yellow.

ashkrik23 02-28-2013 09:10 AM

Thought the Undine had a small fighter-like ship?

captainrevo1 02-28-2013 09:11 AM

Have I missed something? I'm not sure why you have dismissed the borg, for what seems like nothing more than your for your own personal reasons, and then used the Undine as the only potential alternative?

I dont even think they should add either of those races as they should remain 'bad guys' only but lets say hypothetically it is the undine. I expect to only see 2 ships, the Nicor as its the only canon one and probably the battleship.

i doubt they will add the dreadnought, as they tend to stay away from them unless they can turn it into a carrier. if they cant get fighters onto it and undine dont use fighters then i dont expect it.

born2bwild1 02-28-2013 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captainrevo1 (Post 8359381)
Have I missed something? I'm not sure why you have dismissed the borg, for what seems like nothing more than your for your own personal reasons, and then used the Undine as the only potential alternative?

I dont even think they should add either of those races as they should remain 'bad guys' only but lets say hypothetically it is the undine. I expect to only see 2 ships, the Nicor as its the only canon one and probably the battleship.

i doubt they will add the dreadnought, as they tend to stay away from them unless they can turn it into a carrier. if they cant get fighters onto it and undine dont use fighters then i dont expect it.

I would say that the bulk of end game content involes the Borg - STF's are still the number 1 way people earn dithium in game + doing them for gear and fun.

If you had players in Borg ships it would add too much confusion - "is that another NPC coming fast up on me from behind or a Player?" Just too much trouble.

But i would also really like to see Anti-proton special weapons come into the game as a lock-box reward. The Undine NPC's in game use anti-proton.

thay8472 02-28-2013 09:26 AM

if they did I would imagen the Nicor cruser would be the lovkbox while either the dreadnought of vila battleship would be the 800 lobi lock

captainrevo1 02-28-2013 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by born2bwild1 (Post 8359511)
I would say that the bulk of end game content involes the Borg - STF's are still the number 1 way people earn dithium in game + doing them for gear and fun.

If you had players in Borg ships it would add too much confusion - "is that another NPC coming fast up on me from behind or a Player?" Just too much trouble.

That's a fair point but if they add the Borg they will most likely add the renegade borg ship from 'decent' which will solve the problem as its so different in appearance and easier to rationalise how and why someone might fly one. its not in the game yet so its something new and a somewhat interesting design.

the other problem with a cube of sphere is a player would have no idea what direction they are facing, so the whole fore and aft weapon systems goes out the window.

born2bwild1 02-28-2013 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captainrevo1 (Post 8359791)
That's a fair point but if they add the Borg they will most likely add the renegade borg ship from 'decent' which will solve the problem as its so different in appearance and easier to rationalise how and why someone might fly one. its not in the game yet so its something new and a somewhat interesting design.

the other problem with a cube of sphere is a player would have no idea what direction they are facing, so the whole fore and aft weapon systems goes out the window.

True. Borg should be left as enemy - how about a Undine BO? That would be cool. Didn't Harry kim fall for one of the Undine girls?

We could have some Undine doffs as well.

There was even more Undine that were in favor of helping the Humans than there were any Borg.

But I still think a Hybrid Anti-proton weapon pack in the box would be a big hit - people are still miffed that they were taken away from the Omega system.

flash525 02-28-2013 09:53 AM

Next Lock Box will likely be Breen (you heard it here first). If not them, I'd put money on the Son'a.

tsurutafan01 02-28-2013 09:59 AM

I would be very, very surprised if Cryptic had CBS authorization to release a human playable Borg ship. To put it mildly.

As far as the next lockbox... I think it will give us a pretty strong hint about whether we are near adding the Delta Quadrant to the game in Season 8 or not. At some point there will be a Kazon ship to go along with that, I'd wager. But for now I'm expecting something closer to home, and that Delta quadrant will probably be Season 9.

buddha1369 02-28-2013 10:01 AM

Will there be a new lockbox at all or will it start over with the Cardassian and just cycle through them every year?


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:11 PM.