Shield absorbtion of kinetic damage?
did somebody test or does somebody know what is the (non-resilient) shields absorption of kinetic damage?
With energy weapons 90% damage hits the shields, 10% damage hits the hull.
With kinetic weapons X% damage hits the shields, 10% damage hits the hull, and Y% damage is absorbed.
I was unabe to find anywhere values for the X and Y (neither on wiki nor here on forums).
Can somebody help?
Kinetic damage against shields (IE the part of the hit that is applied to shields while a target's shields are still up) is reduced by a huge amount (off the top of my head I believe it's 80% but I'm not completely certain). Non-kinetic damage is applied normally to shields.
Great, thank you.
I knew about energy weapons efficiency and the kinetic damage against exosed hull (when shields are down). I was just puzzled about kinetic damage against active shields.
So full list:
- energy (against normal shield): 90% to shields, 10% to hull
- energy (against resilient shield): 90% to shields, 5% to hull, 5% absorbed
- kinetic (against normal shield): 10% to shields, 10% to hull, 80% absorbed
- kinetic (against resilient shield): 10% to shields, 5% to hull, 85% absorbed
- transphasic (against normal shield): 10% to shields, 50% to hull, 40% absorbed
- transphasic (against resilient shield): 10% to shields, 55% to hull, 45% absorbed
- any (no shields): 100% to hull
Is it correct?
Or is the 80% absorbtion of kinetic damage by shield rather calculated from the remaining 90% damage after bleedthrough is subtracted? That would give 18% damage to shields and 72% absorbtion.
I just know that when a tac cube shoots a non heavy torp at my defiant, the entire shield facing gets wiped out.
Kind of it renders the values stated earlier as wrong.
So what do we know so far?
1) Quantum torpedoes and mines damages shielded hull with 20% of their DPV (according their description)
2) Other torpedoes/mines doesn't mention their shield penetration. I expect it to be either 10% (same as bleedthrough) or 20% (same as Quantum torpedoes)
3) The damage caused to shields themselves is unknown, but according to my experience its unlikely that their damage to shields is the remaining 80% of their DPV.
4) It's very likely that only part of the remaining 80% of the torpedo/mine DPV damages the shields, and the rest vanishes (i.e. is absorbed)
5) Transphasic torpedoes states to have 40% penetration "bonus" against shields (basic penetration is unknown), so I expect trashasic torpedoes making a damage against shielded hull between 40%-60% of their DPV
6) The remaining 60%-40% of Transphasic torpedo DPV is expected to be partially absorbed and partially damaging the shields themselves (the ratio of "shieldDamage:absorbtion" is unknown)
7) Transphasic mines states to have 80% penetration against shields, so their damage against shielded hull is expected to be at 80% of their DPV
8) The remaining 20% of Transphasic mine DPV is expected to be partially absorbed and partially damaging the shields themselves (the ratio of "shieldDamage:absorbtion" is unknown)
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:09 AM.|