Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Federation Shipyards (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   Constitution Class: Any chance of a Fleet Ship? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=571011)

tobiasosir 02-28-2013 03:14 PM

Constitution Class: Any chance of a Fleet Ship?

When I started playing this game, I was overjoyed to see that the original series Constitution Class was available for $5, and that my character could use it right off the bat. I held off buying it for a bit because I didn't want to spend money on this game until I knew I liked it (love it), and I'm glad I didn't because I leveled up so fast and just picked up the movie era connie.

But I keep thinking about the TOS ship. It's a beaut. Is there any talk about getting a fleet version?

Failing that, how tenable is it at higher tier play? I've read that some bring them to fleet events, but that's frowned upon; one person said the leveling phasers get obsolete by level 45. Is there any way to make use it in the end game?

I'm level 38 right now and have pretty well mapped out my end game ships, so I don't know if I'd bother...but part of me really wants to make it work.

captainbmoney 02-28-2013 03:34 PM

I want the Tier2 one for Endgame. Blame This Guy.

lianthelia 02-28-2013 05:54 PM

People are asking for them every week, and the answer is no and hopefully always will be no.

mandoknight89 02-28-2013 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tobiasosir (Post 8367451)
But I keep thinking about the TOS ship. It's a beaut. Is there any talk about getting a fleet version?

Cryptic has said that CBS isn't allowing it. As far as I know, asking Cryptic for it is going to continue to be futile. Asking CBS, though...?
Quote:

Failing that, how tenable is it at higher tier play? I've read that some bring them to fleet events, but that's frowned upon; one person said the leveling phasers get obsolete by level 45. Is there any way to make use it in the end game?

With half the weapons of a Science vessel, less than half of the base hull, three consoles, and three Ensign officer slots, it's not only not tenable, it's tantamount to suicide in Admiral level engagements.

unangbangkay 02-28-2013 08:10 PM

Quote:

Don't do it. If you even dare bring your TOS Connie into a high-tier PUG I will pray that STO spontaneously develops a "friendly fire" feature that I can use on you. If you want to **** around like that do it in your own groups, on your own time.

snoggymack22 02-28-2013 08:13 PM

Fleet Exeter! That is the solution!

unangbangkay 02-28-2013 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snoggymack22 (Post 8372361)
Fleet Exeter! That is the solution!

This. They already have a Fleet Saber and a Fleet Nova/Rhode Island, a retrofit of the vanilla free cruiser is the next logical step.

Plus, the Fleet Exeter looks like a slightly 2409'd version of the Abrams-prise.

The only question at this point is exactly HOW strict CBS is about having a Tier 5 "Constitution". Y'see, the "Constitution" skin for the basic Cruiser looks a lot like the Connie-A, except with a different texture. And as above, the Exeter bears a not-insignificant resemblance to the Abrams-version Constitution. So, does CBS really not want ANYTHING at tier 5 that heavily invokes the TOS version? That's the real concern.

dalnar83 02-28-2013 11:07 PM

Fleet Consitition...I hope it does not happen, because in the twist logic of Cryptic, it would end up as better ship than Galaxy.

However I could imagine a Fleet Exeter, but something more like destroyer, then a Cruiser.

captainbmoney 02-28-2013 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unangbangkay (Post 8373501)
This. They already have a Fleet Saber and a Fleet Nova/Rhode Island, a retrofit of the vanilla free cruiser is the next logical step.

Plus, the Fleet Exeter looks like a slightly 2409'd version of the Abrams-prise.

The only question at this point is exactly HOW strict CBS is about having a Tier 5 "Constitution". Y'see, the "Constitution" skin for the basic Cruiser looks a lot like the Connie-A, except with a different texture. And as above, the Exeter bears a not-insignificant resemblance to the Abrams-version Constitution. So, does CBS really not want ANYTHING at tier 5 that heavily invokes the TOS version? That's the real concern.

Read my ****ing post for your answer. Once John Van Citters stops having that stick up his arse about this issue he can make STO make money off of it.

hravik 02-28-2013 11:21 PM

Did you ever get a reply out of Citters?