Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   Captain Mackenzie Calhoun (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=571741)

starmanj 03-01-2013 08:55 AM

Captain Mackenzie Calhoun

"It resolved an exploit, so it needed to be added in after maintenance started. Some players were lowering settings to the lowest counts and receiving rewards reserved for much longer gameplay. You can still participate in private matches and earn credit for the dailies and repeatables, but matches must be kept at the default settings or higher."

As we see Mackenzie is in trouble again Truly the delv's had to had know this all along.
If some of you remember WarZone was taken away form Mackenzie awhile back because it was becomming a exploit. If not mistaken somthing was done on that before it disapeered altoghther.

Now Mackenzie is being pick on by kill count settings. Well you know this will not stop hard core grinders or PvP AFKers. So a Idea to do it correctly would be To make Mackenzie's
'Hostile Engagements Against Enemy Leaders' a Daily 1 time a day not repeatable. But thinking on doing that well PvP will become absolete won't it?

Other Players thoughts Please;)

grylak 03-01-2013 09:18 AM

Give him a wrapper mission that you start on a 1 day cooldown, while the actual fighting is repeatable. Big Rewards come from the daily. Like explore strange new worlds and picking an exploration cluster missions.

Job's a good one.

azurianstar 03-01-2013 10:37 AM

I'll be honest, I think Cryptic made another poor knee-jerk reaction, like they did with the Foundry Fleet Marks.

They claim the change was to stop people from "exploiting" and finishing Private PvP within a minute. But yet people been farming Dilithium by this method since F2P went live and they only reacted to this because of those stupid Fleet Marks - in a daily that may or may not be every 20 hours.

Guess what Cryptic, your actions didn't change a thing. Groups of people are still doing this and finishing in a few minutes. You only hurt small fleets of under 3 people who liked to PvP solo, whom now have to work harder, while those Kamekaze groups get their dailies done in a few minutes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by starmanj (Post 8378551)
Now Mackenzie is being pick on by kill count settings. Well you know this will not stop hard core grinders or PvP AFKers. So a Idea to do it correctly would be To make Mackenzie's

'Hostile Engagements Against Enemy Leaders' a Daily 1 time a day not repeatable. But thinking on doing that well PvP will become absolete won't it?

Other Players thoughts Please;)

Many people knew this was going to happen as soon as they added Fleet Marks into the PvP system. They should've left well enough alone.

It's ashame they are turning STO into a job, you either spend 12 hours online to make a living, or you pay to play. Almost getting as bad as TOR's F2P system.

hurleybird 03-01-2013 10:40 AM

Stop whining about fixing an obvious exploit.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes

radkip 03-01-2013 11:07 AM

Quote:

Groups of people are still doing this and finishing in a few minutes.
This is true. I've been hearing methods have already been developed by a few fleets to get things done faster than the Shanty Town grind ever was.

This is like the prohibition era of the 1920s. They ban one way of doing things and a more efficient way pops up, only it's within the current bounds of the rules instead.

If they take dilithium away from PvP missions, they better add some sort of participation -based dilithium rewards. I mainly PvP to kill others (or be killed if I head into space), but the dilithium is always nice.

guriphu 03-01-2013 11:15 AM

The only thing they need to do to Mackenzie Calhoun is give that condescending jackass a phaser and throw him in the queues. "Make a fighter out of me yet," honestly! When's the last time he had a fight, when Klingons glitched their way into K7 in beta? What a noob.

naevius 03-01-2013 11:16 AM

I wonder if you could use two accounts to PvP yourself... o.O

thay8472 03-01-2013 11:18 AM

Tis true cryptic.. people have found an even faster way to do it now... so.. assuming this will be like this until 2015.. im going to go get some dilithoum for the SB.

crypticarmsman 03-01-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azurianstar (Post 8380091)
Guess what Cryptic, your actions didn't change a thing. Groups of people are still doing this and finishing in a few minutes. You only hurt small fleets of under 3 people who liked to PvP solo, whom now have to work harder, while those Kamekaze groups get their dailies done in a few minutes.

if you really think this is the case, then why are you bothering to complain about a change that had no overall negative effect on the PvP playerbase? (as evidenced by the statement I've quoted above.)

thefastone21 03-01-2013 12:08 PM

Leave it as it is now.

Nerf pvp anymor and people with either stop doing it or the afking will increase.