Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Academy (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   Do mine explosions damage friendly ships? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=571961)

selek1701 03-01-2013 12:59 PM

Do mine explosions damage friendly ships?

When I lay mines, can I accidentally detonate the mines, hurting my own ship? Do they inflict damage on other friendly ships? I searched and found an older thread suggesting that they used to inflict friendly-fire damage but no longer do. Is that the case?

Thanks in advance.

sander233 03-01-2013 01:03 PM

Nope. Its just like grenades in ground combat. In the future we have "smart explosives."

Friendly fire is not possible, apart from the High Yield Plasma Boomerang glitch...

anazonda 03-01-2013 01:16 PM

They used to, but it was very messy around ESD for beginners ship when they self-detonated after the timeout...

Some d*uches thought they were funny by mining the spawnpoint, causing alot of grief for new guys.

Cryptic then removed the freindly damage.

Now the grenades... thats a whole diffrent story... lets just say that Plasma grenades in STF's never turned out well.

gavinruneblade 03-02-2013 10:36 AM

I've heard there's still an issue where if you zone out all pets go hostile to everyone. Includes security teams, mines, and summoned fleet/reputation allies.

But I haven't tested it or experienced it myself.

ryeknow 03-02-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anazonda (Post 8383741)
They used to, but it was very messy around ESD for beginners ship when they self-detonated after the timeout...

Some d*uches thought they were funny by mining the spawnpoint, causing alot of grief for new guys.

Cryptic then removed the freindly damage.

Now the grenades... thats a whole diffrent story... lets just say that Plasma grenades in STF's never turned out well.

That actually was quite funny watching a ship explode, chaining off a series of warp core breaches.

anazonda 03-02-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryeknow (Post 8399481)
That actually was quite funny watching a ship explode, chaining off a series of warp core breaches.

That seems to be one of those examples of stupid, childish griefing I was referring to

asphe 03-02-2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gavinruneblade (Post 8399341)
I've heard there's still an issue where if you zone out all pets go hostile to everyone. Includes security teams, mines, and summoned fleet/reputation allies.

But I haven't tested it or experienced it myself.

Yep, you can still make it happen. Just be rude and be the first to leave the STF :), although usually, the STs also 'zone' out when you do.

ryeknow 03-02-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anazonda (Post 8399501)
That seems to be one of those examples of stupid, childish griefing I was referring to

Blowing up AFK ships in a game with no death penalty what so ever is hardly griefing. It was a practical joke that had its laughs in its day. Some of you girls are wound up way to tight in a video game. Cry for mama to change you cause it seems you've soiled your pampers.

anazonda 03-02-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryeknow (Post 8399941)
Blowing up AFK ships in a game with no death penalty what so ever is hardly griefing. It was a practical joke that had its laughs in its day. Some of you girls are wound up way to tight in a video game. Cry for mama to change you cause it seems you've soiled your pampers.

Keep telling yourself that...

You and people like you took joy in setting traps for people who warped in... You should have been banned then, and still deserve it.

And just to be clear... I warped into plenty of those traps, but never died from them... I simply find it to be childish and stupid, and hiding behind some weak excuse of it being a practical joke, and you believing it, just makes it sad too.

qqqqii 03-02-2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anazonda (Post 8383741)

Plasma grenades no longer inflict friendly fire (no pun intended) either. Hasn't been that way for some time, though I'm not sure how long ago that changed.