Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Windows and General: PC, Network, and Other Technical Issues (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=401)
-   -   Network performance suddenly shot (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=572821)

hiplyrustic 03-02-2013 08:34 AM

Network performance suddenly shot

1. As of this morning, pings are all over the map, all the way out past 3200 with lows in low 100s, and netgraph shows a raft of crap being pushed to me in large chunks, constant barrages of stuff even when I'm just sitting in dead space. On both Fed and KDF character

2. Beaming up to ship causes immediate drop to login screen, both Fed and KDF

3. Rubberbanding like a fiend, toolbars taking 15-20 secs to load once I get to space, both Fed and KDF.

4. In-sector lagspikes and "Server not Responding" countdowns followed by disconnections out to login screen

Unplayable.

Not my network, running a rock solid 90-100ms ping to the SWGEmu gameservers in Texas, I'm in Canada. EvE is fine, and dslreports reports a solid connection. My wife's also online and gaming just fine, as usual.

Help?

PS, my Mirror advanced 'scort had a complete dark mirror finish with teal-ish lighting and now it's bounced to a puke-yellow over steel thing as well as the rest of this.

jeddanis 03-03-2013 01:23 AM

SAME HERE! If I map move I run the chance of disconnecting, I have also froze in the midst of PvE events and assignments. Occasionally my ship starts stuttering around like its freezing and going every half second, and its affecting my cooldowns and boff skill (scatter doesnt run/spreads dont fire) I have checked my internet and everythings as it was before I started having these issues, its pretty unplayable at this point.

n0vastarone 03-03-2013 01:31 AM

Constant disconnects all night

and almost every friend I have in STO DC's as well. Game freezes...like someone hit the pause button..and boots me to the login screen. Seriously....can nobody keep this game running?

matthewh01 03-03-2013 01:32 AM

other thread title - Network issue resolved - I THINK NOT

Cryptic - Please fix this - for real this time!!!

nagrom7 03-03-2013 01:32 AM

They closed the last thread saying the issue was resolved. But most of my fleet (Mostly from Australia) have been getting DC all night, up to about 2 minutes ago, it isn't resolved at all.

ozzyracer 03-03-2013 01:33 AM

yep just twice in a row in less than 10 minutes.... come back in lost all but a few people in the fleet

chaz200565 03-03-2013 01:33 AM

I have had 2 disconnects from the server this morning within 30 minutes.
Devs sort this out please. Theres been too many server problems all the time.

ztrl1 03-03-2013 01:33 AM

This has been happening for several hours the issue is not resolved.

chronoss2012 03-03-2013 01:34 AM

not resolved

ive had about 10 disconnects in last two days and i cant connec tnow even thogh i know the server is working
ya after spending money one the game too....
NOT impressed.

n0vastarone 03-03-2013 01:34 AM

I have it 7 times..and while typing this...just crashed again.

Hey branflakes..how bout you know..addressing this