Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Galactic News Network (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Open Beta: FAQ and Known Issues we're tracking (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=57321)

Archived Post 01-12-2010 12:47 PM

Open Beta: FAQ and Known Issues we're tracking

Hi everyone,

Here are just a few things you should know as we move on in the Open Beta:

There are numerous places who are handing out keys to people who have not pre-ordered Star Trek Online, among them are Ten Ton Hammer, and FilePlanet. More are coming online even as we speak, and we'll be updating our Open Beta Page with more places as we get them.

For now, we have set a level cap in-game of 16, and we are limiting the Open Beta to the first 3 Sector Blocks of content, and PvP content.

We are aware some of you are experiencing frequent disconnects, and difficulties logging into the game. Please remember that Open Beta is still a Beta Test, and we are testing our servers under the strain you guys can put on it. We know this can be frustrating, but please hang in there. With your help, we'll be able to get all the kinks out of the system before launch day!

Additionally, please makes sure to check out our Release Notes page. So that you can be kept up to date on the changes we make to the game as Open Beta Continues.

We'll be updating this post with more known issues as you all uncover them and report them to us. So please keep an eye on the Release Notes page, and check back often for updates!

Thanks,

Stormshade

Archived Post 01-12-2010 12:57 PM

I just purchased STO deluxe edition from atari, I have entered my code and want to download the client, It sends me to the download page where it gives me the pre order and non pre order options. The 3 preorder options all want to make me pay a 2nd time , the non pre order want to make me register and join them at a cost .... whats up with this ? where exactly can I get the download I already paid for ?

Archived Post 01-12-2010 12:59 PM

Where is the proper place to post issues we believe to be bugs, just post away any 'ol place here in the forums?

Archived Post 01-12-2010 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jean_Deaux
Where is the proper place to post issues we believe to be bugs, just post away any 'ol place here in the forums?

Use the bright green bug button in the game.

Dumps tons of information and screenshot to our internal ticketing system.

-Zn

Archived Post 01-12-2010 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selectone
I just purchased STO deluxe edition from atari, I have entered my code and want to download the client, It sends me to the download page where it gives me the pre order and non pre order options. The 3 preorder options all want to make me pay a 2nd time , the non pre order want to make me register and join them at a cost .... whats up with this ? where exactly can I get the download I already paid for ?

You can download the game here:

http://www.startrekonline.com/download

On top of our partners we all have a link to a torrent, and the Star Trek Online Downloader.

Thank you,

Stormshade

Archived Post 01-12-2010 01:06 PM

StormShade as unofficial winner of the cutest Avatar here.. You are both wise and helpful.. as a very long time IGN member it took 5 minutes tops to get the beta key .. it was very simple to register a full version key for Champions on -line using this tested system of yours..

The pre order [order] can confuse a eager eye.. hitting that prominent macro is easy.. takes a few tries and all our new friends here should be fine.. its take awhile for a D/l of the client anyway so just sit down with a
Coffee of Red Bull and go thru the links provided..

The 1-2-3 process and link from FilePlanet to STO beta was swift and worked 1st time.. it takes longer for new members to register but for existing reg forum/Cryptic accounts its as good as anything on-line ive seen.

--------d/L status 63%------------
Jolan Tru
prosper as long as you live
and enjoy your journey of discovery space fans

Archived Post 01-12-2010 01:07 PM

Selectone, those 3 links only work if you pre-ordered from them. Read the info properly; it explains it better than I can.

Also, mega-slow client downloads! I got to half a GB before the fileplanet one died and the BitTorrent download has no seeds. So no STO for me. Unless the disk installs the game, if so; why don't pre-orderers get their disks now?

Archived Post 01-12-2010 01:13 PM

StormShade, what about the issue concerning EbGames Canada (Head Office) stating that Canadians will not be getting Beta keys, as promised?

I'd just like to know that someone is looking into the problem, whomever it is.

Thanks in advance.

Archived Post 01-12-2010 01:17 PM

Downloading at a mb every half hour

Hey i have REALLY low Download from the patch updater as stated above can anyone help me with this ?:(

Archived Post 01-12-2010 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selectone

Scroll down that same page, and you'll se a heading:

Download with Star Trek Online Downloader - which has a link

and further down:

Download via BitTorrent

with another link.