Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Windows and General: PC, Network, and Other Technical Issues (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=401)
-   -   Guys forget it....U get past char screen and the maps are full and u get kicked (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=57471)

Archived Post 01-12-2010 01:41 PM

Guys forget it....U get past char screen and the maps are full and u get kicked

Nice prep guys!!! Public launch and you have well and truly f#$$# up big style!! Hat off to making your launch go with style... Not to mention the well peeed off customers paying good money to look at aloading sceen for the char only to fins when it does load the maps are full and you get kicked back to the login screen. Have to say best f up Ive ever seen!!! Dont like the comments then you should have done your job right in the first place...

Archived Post 01-12-2010 01:43 PM

This is the Beta launch, not the public launch, stil time to fix things.. though it was kinda annoying beaming up to my ship only to get a map full message and to be kicked off.

Archived Post 01-12-2010 01:44 PM

This is OPEN BETA. Not LAUNCH. This was to be expected.

Archived Post 01-12-2010 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brunski

Maybe so, but not this bad...it was actually decent this past week in Closed beta...its like they took a huge step backwards...that, of the network engineers dont know what they are doing behind the scenes. :)

Archived Post 01-12-2010 01:47 PM

ya it is annoyin, been trying to get in for the last hour, then when i do i get disconnected within 2 mins then back to square one :/

Archived Post 01-12-2010 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MontuAtma (Post 1385405)
Maybe so, but not this bad...it was actually decent this past week in Closed beta...its like they took a huge step backwards...that, of the network engineers dont know what they are doing behind the scenes. :)

Think about how many people were playing CB.... I'm 100% certain that the number of people trying to play now has increased exponentially.

Archived Post 01-12-2010 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MontuAtma (Post 1385405)

I personally have no idea how full space was in closed beta, it's pretty crowded now.
Every open beta of a new mmo goes through the same ordeal, servers are bound to get hammered. Thing is: that's one of the biggest reasons to have an open beta.

Give them some time to adjust to the masses.

Archived Post 01-12-2010 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brunski

Then it's time we expected more from companies. Not accept the same failures over and over and over again.

Archived Post 01-12-2010 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sturm375 (Post 1385568)
Then it's time we expected more from companies. Not accept the same failures over and over and over again.

Do you know what a BETA is?

Archived Post 01-12-2010 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sturm375 (Post 1385568)

My sentiments, being beta dont ecuse the poor server performance... Dont forget guys they were happy to take your cash... They knew how many pre order sales had been made its just poor planning and investment!!!