Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Duty Officer System and R&D (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=251)
-   -   Curse you Ferasan Nepeta Leaves! (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=577341)

cmdrscarlet 03-06-2013 06:22 PM

Curse you Ferasan Nepeta Leaves!
 
So ...

Curse this assignment chain to the nine hells.

I have attempted the forth and last assignment to complete it three times and all failed. For those not in the know: http://www.stowiki.org/Assignment_ch..._Nepeta_Leaves

Now then: I only have a few purple DOffs scattered among various departments and I am (naturally) shooting for Crit Success here (especially after the second loss). The demon about this last quarter is the 20 Leaves needed. They are selling for at least 50K on the Exchange. A little math makes this a very expensive assignment to finish.

Is there a trick to winning here? Or am I just venting against bad luck?

wesleycrasher 03-07-2013 08:49 AM

Get better doffs

cmdrscarlet 03-07-2013 09:20 AM

Fair enough ... but easier said than done. My OCD demands this assignment chain be completed.

Any other suggestions? Beuller? Beuller?

lordmalak1 03-07-2013 09:28 AM

Buy the chain reward outright off the exchange.
:eek:

Too simple ?

cmdrscarlet 03-07-2013 09:38 AM

Well ... I could do that and that is simple ;).

But I'm caring less for the reward and more to complete the chain itself thus removing it from the assignment lists. You know, like finishing the homework *I* did instead of having someone finish it for me.

markhawkman 03-07-2013 09:44 AM

stalk cardassian space looking for Haggles for Nepeta. You could also try asking in the Doffjobs channel to see if people have seen it. or go to: bit.ly/DOFFS

warpangel 03-07-2013 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmdrscarlet (Post 8481351)
But I'm caring less for the reward and more to complete the chain itself thus removing it from the assignment lists. You know, like finishing the homework *I* did instead of having someone finish it for me.

All chain assignments are unique and can only be done once. The chain will advance regardless of outcome. In case of the final assignment, the chain will be complete when the assignment ends, also regardless of outcome.

The repeatable versions of the assignments that are unlocked after completing the chain are there to stay. Getting a success will not prevent them from appearing again.

Of course, if you get some personal satisfaction from succeeding in it, go right ahead. But it won't change anything in the game.

cmdrscarlet 03-07-2013 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warpangel (Post 8483101)
All chain assignments are unique and can only be done once. The chain will advance regardless of outcome. In case of the final assignment, the chain will be complete when the assignment ends, also regardless of outcome.

But ... if the assignment outcome does not matter, then how have I been able to try and fail three times?

trek21 03-07-2013 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmdrscarlet (Post 8483931)
But ... if the assignment outcome does not matter, then how have I been able to try and fail three times?

Simple chance... all three times it wasn't in your favor.

And either way, when you failed the fourth chain assignment the first time, it disappeared forever. What you've been doing after that is the repeatable version

cmdrscarlet 03-07-2013 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trek21 (Post 8484031)
Simple chance... all three times it wasn't in your favor.

And either way, when you failed the fourth chain assignment the first time, it disappeared forever. What you've been doing after that is the repeatable version

I may need help understanding this then because according to Wiki: http://www.stowiki.org/Assignment:_E..._Nepeta_Leaves ...

the requirement to complete the repeatable assignment is not 20 leaves, but 3 ... correct?

So, if I have actually completed the chain (even though I failed the 4th and last part) then it should not show up in my incomplete Assignment Chain summary UI (or whatever it's called), right?


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:26 AM.