Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Windows and General: PC, Network, and Other Technical Issues (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=401)
-   -   constant disconnections (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=57930)

Archived Post 01-12-2010 04:54 PM

constant disconnections
 
I'm getting constant disconnections. Do I have to foward a port on my router? Because I don't think its everyone.......

Archived Post 01-12-2010 04:59 PM

P2P Filter - Constant Disconnections
 
I'm having the same problem. I had a similar issue with **** where the packet triggered the ISP P2P filter which limits bandwidth to the point of being non-usable for that game. It was supposed to be designed to block Torrent file piracy etc, but for some reason it is a known issue with regard to **** and now I'm seeing the same thing in STO.

I should be hearing from my ISP tomorrow regarding this. Please let me know if you find a resolution and I'll do the same for you on this thread.

Archived Post 01-12-2010 05:00 PM

I made a similar post I'm having the same issue I don't think it is a port issue, and it's certainly not our ISP, I tihnk it's the servers getting Overlaoded with people and it's causing instability.

If not then *shurg* but it's certainly a problem to be getting Disconnected every 15 minutes. Hoe it gets fixed and soon.

Archived Post 01-12-2010 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyranikal
I'm having the same problem. I had a similar issue with **** where the packet triggered the ISP P2P filter which limits bandwidth to the point of being non-usable for that game. It was supposed to be designed to block Torrent file piracy etc, but for some reason it is a known issue with regard to **** and now I'm seeing the same thing in STO.

I should be hearing from my ISP tomorrow regarding this. Please let me know if you find a resolution and I'll do the same for you on this thread.

I don't think it is a torrent file porblem cause I never have problems with torrents like that and does this game even use anything remotely similar?

Archived Post 01-12-2010 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebon_Lilith
I don't think it is a torrent file porblem cause I never have problems with torrents like that and does this game even use anything remotely similar?


I'm done for the night. I've tried 3 times in the last 30 minutes to get into the P'jem system. Some guy in another thread said he got to level 15...********. I've been off the entire day and besides having to run out to pick up a friend who's car broke down, I've been trying to play all day.

Granted I expected problems, and knew this was a *BETA* going into it, but the amount of disconnections I'm lucky I'm grade 2....

Archived Post 01-12-2010 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sykomyke (Post 1388914)
I'm done for the night. I've tried 3 times in the last 30 minutes to get into the P'jem system. Some guy in another thread said he got to level 15...********. I've been off the entire day and besides having to run out to pick up a friend who's car broke down, I've been trying to play all day.

Granted I expected problems, and knew this was a *BETA* going into it, but the amount of disconnections I'm lucky I'm grade 2....

I feel your pain.

Archived Post 01-12-2010 05:20 PM

I spent 96% of my time to log in.
My freinds keep seeing message like this:
XXX12(time) Star log in.
XXX13: Star log out.
the sever or the program just can't handle so many people. That's why.

Archived Post 01-12-2010 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuckStar
I spent 96% of my time to log in.
My freinds keep seeing message like this:
XXX12(time) Star log in.
XXX13: Star log out.
the sever or the program just can't handle so many people. That's why.

Well the whole point of Open beta is testing and fixing and Adjusting Server Stability for release so this should be tellig them something and helping them with that point haha.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:25 PM.