Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   List your Top Annoyances in STO (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=582001)

perfectcryptic 03-12-2013 02:53 PM

List your Top Annoyances in STO

There needs to be a way so you can allow the same chat/keys etc through various toons. It is stupid that you have to setup each chat channel on each toon after you have subscribed.

I got the save/load hud layout but that doesn't save everything.

The chat channels are annoying. Why do they show on your other toons when you add one.

Please make some sort of save all options and then load/import. I keep having to alt tab out to try and match my hud layouts so they are the same but the game sometimes crashes.

sander233 03-12-2013 03:26 PM

People who whine about the most insignificant crap.

lordmalak1 03-12-2013 03:29 PM

Just when the devs get things running smoothly a new season is released, and the bugfixing starts all over again.

eisaakaz 03-12-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

People who whine endlessly about the most insignificant crap.
I agree.

Eisaak

magusofborg 03-12-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sander233 (Post 8554591)
People who whine about the most insignificant crap.

This ^^^^^^

resoundingenvoy 03-12-2013 03:45 PM

The most that could be said about the game stability is that it hasn't had many game crashing bugs, and that's about it.

As for moving key binds around? That would be awesome, and if it requires more then giving the game a name the devs have seriously screwed up. The game already saves bridge officer and power bar loadouts on a per character basis. The game already supports loading or saving keybind files. That's a carry over from City of Heroes.

Again, unless the devs shot them selves in the foot? They only thing required from the devs is to just tell us where/how it's stored, or exstend the console command to also save power bar setups. That's just a step above 'Hello World' in programming, and the framework is already there.

-------

Not that I expect them to care. :P

"The framework is already there" covers a lot of things they could do or fix, but never have. :P

Edit: If I'm going to claim it, it would be nice if I'd back up the claim, hu? link

captainloh 03-12-2013 03:47 PM

I game hasn't crashed for me anymore than half a dozen times since closed beta.

But my main annoyance is the Inventory and Bank UI and the inability to Link your item into the Exchange to quickly search for it, instead you need to type it out.

pupibird 03-12-2013 03:51 PM

Without having a problem with the specific issue the OP mentioned, I understand the thought behind his words!

He is talking about things that waste time..customers and gamers time.

I am about 50+ hours at work every week, and every evening looking forward to have a ride in this game. I want to farm, play, raid and hang around on some map. But I only have limited time! Half of this gets wasted by delays caused by the system and its UI.

Some things that waste my time:

- Transwarp is in the game. But what about going to Defera? What about a "Travel-Reputation" that makes it possible to get more transwarp abilities?

- Handling items. Why not give me the choice how to select the quantity of the items I wish to move? One "klick" in the options, and one can doubleclick a stack of, f.e. data samples, and they all move without a further window.

- Beam up. SFA allows me to go to ESD, sol system and sirius sector block. Why, if I want to travel from ESD to Defera, do I have to face at least 5 loading screens?

- Toon animations/busy animation. On one map, you click F when in front of a exchange, and the window opens! On another map, I get loading animation for an UI window..why?

- Transfering currencies. Some many workarounds to transfer EC, Dili and Items. But this wastes playtime. It should be one click.

This list could go on forever, but I think you have an idea what I am talking about. I am not whining about this little problems, the OP just gave me a platform to add this.

My message to PWE/Cryptic about this:

Convenience opens my wallet!

resoundingenvoy 03-12-2013 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pupibird (Post 8555031)
[...]- Transfering currencies. Some many workarounds to transfer EC, Dili and Items. But this wastes playtime. It should be one click.[...]

The account bank solves moving items and EC nicely. Still no obviously easy way to move refined or unrefined dilithium around.

pupibird 03-12-2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by resoundingenvoy (Post 8555091)
The account bank solves moving items and EC nicely. Still no obviously easy way to move refined or unrefined dilithium around.

Your are right! That was a nice idea, such as the character
log out without new password-login.
But the account bank is still only free for golds and lifers.
Don't think too many f2p captains will waste their money
on that in the c/z-store.