Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Tribble - Announcements and Release Notes (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=228)
-   -   TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - March 13, 2013 (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=582731)

zer0niusrex 03-13-2013 10:48 AM

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - March 13, 2013

We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
ST.25.20130128a.52

EDIT: I asked for more information about the Andorian weapons change, and have updated the notes below.

General:
  • Andorian Phaser Weapons in the Dilithium store should now have the appropriate stats for Mk XI items.
    • This is a slight decrease from their current statistics.
    • This is retroactive for existing equipment.
  • Updated the Plasma Flamethrower:
    • Equipping the Plasma Flamethrower now gives you a full tank of fuel the first time you equip it after entering an area.
      • Swapping weapons and swapping back will not refill your fuel.
    • Drastically increased the Plasma Flamethrower's chance to inflict a Plasma DoT on the target.
      • To compensate, slightly lowered the DoT damage per tick.
    • The Plasma Flamethrower should now properly hit its targets at its maximum range.
    • Bridge officers will now behave more intelligently with the Plasma Flamethrower.

Gateway:
  • Players in a fleet should be able to get to their fleet's Holdings page from the Fleet front page.
    • The Holdings page should show the fleet's current tier progress.
      • Clicking on a tier should give information on that tier.
    • Clicking on a project will show the donation buckets and the progress of each bucket.
    • If a player has donation privileges they should be allowed to contribute just as they would in game.
      • By default, anyone over a recruit should have donation privileges, but this is controlled by Fleet leaders.
    • If a player is allowed to manage fleet holdings, they should be able to see what project is coming up next.
    • Each Holding should have a Provisions page and a Leaderboard page which function much as they do in-game.
  • There are some limitations to managing Fleet Holdings in Gateway.
    • Currently donating Duty Officers and certain other items is disabled.
    • New projects cannot be slotted from Gateway.
    • Successfully contributing to a project incorrectly brings you back to the tier page.
    • The donation slider displays incorrect values for certain items.
    • Players can select project slots that are marked "Not Available", however they just show blank boxes.

jonathanlonehawk 03-13-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zer0niusrex (Post 8566581)
We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
ST.25.20130128a.52

General:
  • Andorian Phaser Weapons in the Dilithium store should no longer have incorrect stats.

So does this mean that the ones we have are not changed?

Does this mean that the weapons on my ship will be altered?

And what *are* the correct stats?

phantomeight 03-13-2013 11:33 AM

I saw Farktoid's PM blast to Crytpic tribbles and have been checking this out since the other day. The fleet donation stuff is just off the hook. Cant wait to see it fully polished and rocking on Holodeck. I'll definitely be checking and donating from work.

Thanks for killing my work productivity.

tsurutafan01 03-13-2013 11:40 AM

Hmm if that works, no reason to think DOFF missions might not be down the road. That would be pretty cool as I log in a couple times a day just to set up DOFF missions anyway. Keep 'em ticking over, things add up.

deusemperor 03-13-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathanlonehawk (Post 8567021)
So does this mean that the ones we have are not changed?

Does this mean that the weapons on my ship will be altered?

And what *are* the correct stats?

Apparently the weapons were mk 12 stats and not the mk 11 stats they were supposed to be. I thought it was just the perk of Andorian weapons having higher base damage due to their militaristic ways and aggression. But just an error.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zer0niusrex
ST.25.20130128a.52

General:
Andorian Phaser Weapons in the Dilithium store should no longer have incorrect stats.
I hope this means they are leaving the weapons we already bought alone, and just changing it so any new weapons are the ones that are fixed. Though don't know for sure yet till someone checks on tribble.

Edit: Just logged onto tribble and yeah they changed the values for all andorian weapons from dil store.

darramouss1 03-13-2013 11:56 AM

So do we get to keep the Andorian weapons we have already bought, are we going to get a refund if our weapons are nerfed or are you going to make a lot of people VERY unhappy by completely ignoring us?

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=578921

qjunior 03-13-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darramouss1 (Post 8567551)
So do we get to keep the Andorian weapons we have already bought, are we going to get a refund if our weapons are nerfed or are you going to make a lot of people VERY unhappy by completely ignoring us?

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=578921

If they had just changed the stats I would be fine with it since they were announced as MkXI from the start....

But a dev said they want to put advanced andorian phaser weapons in the fleet store..... if I had known that, I would have never bothered with the much more expensive dill store versions. :(

darramouss1 03-13-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qjunior (Post 8567841)
If they had just changed the stats I would be fine with it since they were announced as MkXI from the start....

But a dev said they want to put advanced andorian phaser weapons in the fleet store..... if I had known that, I would have never bothered with the much more expensive dill store versions. :(

I don't take too much not of whether they're Mk XI or Mk XII. I buy them solely based on the stats that are presented when you're given the option to buy. I know I'm not the only one who does that.

gypsyblade 03-13-2013 12:18 PM

Have the "prototype" Ferengi vendor purchase the Andorian weapons in exchange for dil back to the player. Only fair since this was changed weeks after players have already spent tons of dil buying them.

The error was on the Devs, not the player... Make it right Cryptic

timeras 03-13-2013 12:22 PM

Standard Customer Service Solution. Just ignore your customers or distract them long enough with some other "bugfixes". Cryptic is cool, giving the players the feeling of beeing close to them (interviews in podcasts etc.), but the marketing decisions are as bad as in any other game from SOE or EA.