how do i cause a specific objective to be triggered by a certain dialogue choice?
I want to place career specific objectives in my story. I'd like to have the player complete a dialogue with three choices:
Then have career specific objectives appear based on the player's response. Hopefully I'm explaining my desire clearly. Anyway,
IS THIS POSSIBLE? Or is there some other way to accomplish this?
You can't require it they way they can in Cryptic missions but you can have three interactable objects (or three paths within one) and indicate that the player should choose the one for their profession.
Well, first of all, there is only 1 dialog type where you can analyze player-choices. That is the dialogbubble you place on the map. The other 3 dialogs (story-contact,story-popup,map-contact) can not be used for this.
Second, you can not make objectives based on player choices. Everything based on a player choice has to be optional and outside of the main-story board.
If you want to continue despite these 2 major limitations, here is what you can do:
1) place a blue dialog bubble on the map
2) place a generator on the map (this will be for eng)
3) place a console on the map (this will be for sci)
4) place a enemy group on the map (this will be for tac)
5) give the map bubble 3 buttons (sci,eng,tac) and follow each with a page where your boff tells you: "You choose [tac,eng,sci]"
6) make the generator visible on "dialog prompt reached" and select the "You choose eng"-page
7) make the console visible on "dialog prompt reached" and select the "You choose sci"-page
8) make the enemy group visible on "dialog prompt reached" and select the "You choose tac"-page
from there you need to find a way to somehow lead all 3 things back to a common objective from the story-board
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:21 AM.|