Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=200)
-   -   Has this happened to anyone else? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=586511)

daqhegh 03-17-2013 04:43 PM

Has this happened to anyone else?

Okay, first I couldn't charge Zen because I'm a worthless lifer and PWE assumes I stole the card I attempted to charge. I called my bank and told them to authorize the transaction. Despite this, PWE refused because they HATE their customers.

So I got into contact with PWE billing. They had no explaination, other than "it looked suspicious." I charged (and CONFIRMED) $50 to MY OWN CARD. I don't get it. Anyway, the claimeed to have altered my account such that it would accept new transactions.

So I tried again...with the same card, same amount, same computer -- same everything. But AGAIN PWE refused to complete the transaction. This time i got a message saying "unable to complete," or something to that effect.

My question is, why does PWE hate me? Why do they resent my money? And why did they LIE about fixing the problem? The only sense I can make is that they resent anyone and everyone who ever bought a lifetime sub pre-F2P.

My first assumption would be that they want to make as much money as possible. But somehow they've singled me out and decided it's my fault for their issues. It isn't fair and I don't deserve this kind of treatment. I'm hoping I'm not the only one, but I have a bad feeling I am. I've been told about a lot of people who have had successful transactions. Chances are I'm too American and my money isn't worth as much as theirs so they've decided (arbitrarily) that they don't want it.

Again, I emphacise that I HAVE SPOKEN TO MY BANK. Everything is in order on my side. It's PWE that refuses to trust me, and for no good reason.

the1tigglet 03-17-2013 05:21 PM

The only issue I had was the first time I tried to charge zen a few months ago to add zen to my STO account. I had never charged anything before and never bought anything in the 3 years because I would just save up my lifer points.

this time tho i needed soemthing up front so I purchased game cards which were available 24/7 at walmart and 7 eleven. I redeemed those cards on their website under my account and then the next time I charged something it went thru perfectly fine because I guess they saw I was serious about buying. I dunno. The first time it was denied because they claimed it was my bank which it wasn't because my bank calls me when I make international purchases they don't autoblock them from the UK.

I dunno what to suggest to you, perhaps get on the horn and talk to someone at PW about it or if you're just buying Zen to use in the store just get those cards and redeem them it took five minutes for me.

maxvitor 03-17-2013 08:41 PM

I seriously doubt we would have this game if PWE actually hated it's customers and we know they certainly love customers with money. I suspect the problem is not being certain you are the authorized card holder and if this thread is an indication of how you've communicated with them, it won't do great things for allaying suspicions.
There are any number of things that could add a delay to processing your purchase and the best thing to do is calm down, don't get emotional and keep trying, but be patient.
If you are in the states PWE game cards are readily available from a number of locations and are probably the simplest method of adding zen.

willow6912 03-19-2013 04:01 AM

another way is to try using steam. Put some money in the steam wallet and running thegame temp thruogh that to add zen into your sto account

splitboy 03-19-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willow6912 (Post 8663401)
another way is to try using steam. Put some money in the steam wallet and running thegame temp thruogh that to add zen into your sto account

This is the best advice ever.
Go with STEAM if you want to load ZEN PWE just lets you hop throught Loops.

STEAM is a total no brainer hit buy Charge Transaction done have fun all in a few seconds.
No calls no mails no other nonesense involved.

;)

thecosmic1 03-19-2013 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splitboy (Post 8669441)
This is the best advice ever.
Go with STEAM if you want to load ZEN PWE just lets you hop throught Loops.

STEAM is a total no brainer hit buy Charge Transaction done have fun all in a few seconds.
No calls no mails no other nonesense involved.

;)

Of course the vast, vast, vast majority of Zen buyers have never had to hop through loops, or send emails, or makes phone calls.

The above poster's issues are the aberration, not the norm - and seem to be brought on by the idea that he tried to make two $50.00 purchases within a short time, which triggered Moneygram/Skrill's fraud software.

darkbladejk 03-20-2013 07:05 AM

I see I'm not the only one have issues. I've got a similar question to what the OP has asked. Like him I had called my bank to get the transaction authorized. The bank said everything was good and I tried to order. My card was refused much like his was. I decided to look around on the site just incase there was something going on that I missed and I didn't see anything. I checked my account history just to see if it had charged and on my history it was saying that some transactions that had been charged over a month ago and cleared were now declined but I was able to confirm with my bank I was charged for it. Any ideas as to what's up?