Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Gameplay Bug Reports (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Space targetting could use some work (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=58669)

Archived Post 01-12-2010 09:40 PM

Space targetting could use some work
 
While playing the tutorial about Vega, attacking the probes that were regenerating specifically, I had an issue with selecting targets. The previous combat against the damaged probes I would mouse click on my desired target and then attack it. In this combat exercise the ships I mouse clicked on I would lose as a target once I mouse clicked on a ship command, such as fire weapon. Using the TAB key to target worked good, but mouse selection worked very poorly for me here.

Archived Post 01-12-2010 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jean_Deaux
While playing the tutorial about Vega, attacking the probes that were regenerating specifically, I had an issue with selecting targets. The previous combat against the damaged probes I would mouse click on my desired target and then attack it. In this combat exercise the ships I mouse clicked on I would lose as a target once I mouse clicked on a ship command, such as fire weapon. Using the TAB key to target worked good, but mouse selection worked very poorly for me here.

hmm that sounds tough but rare.. have you checked the patch details? or maybe its somthing theyre working on if not you should submit a ticket

Archived Post 01-13-2010 01:31 AM

I Experienced this to. Mouse clicking on targets seems inresponsive sometimes.

Archived Post 01-13-2010 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pxRoberto (Post 1396046)
I Experienced this to. Mouse clicking on targets seems inresponsive sometimes.

I totally agree. I had to click on a target 3 or 4 times sometimes to target it. It's also not obvious enough what is targeted

Archived Post 01-13-2010 01:55 AM

The TAB is working well, but some changes at the selected target would be awesome, that orange line is too thin, esspecially when you fight in zoom out.

So 2 things need to be worked at space targeting

- selected target focus (customizable or bigger, more proeminent)
- mouse targeting (a tooltip added, or a pre-selected enemy border - on mouse over - to see who will be selected if i press click )

Archived Post 01-13-2010 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pxRoberto (Post 1396046)
I Experienced this to. Mouse clicking on targets seems inresponsive sometimes.

Had the same problem..Sometimes i had to multiple click on a target to have it finally as target

Archived Post 01-13-2010 04:31 AM

I had this also, sometimes, and this bug wasn't present in the closed beta.

Archived Post 01-13-2010 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B3aT (Post 1396185)
The TAB is working well, but some changes at the selected target would be awesome, that orange line is too thin, esspecially when you fight in zoom out.

So 2 things need to be worked at space targeting

- selected target focus (customizable or bigger, more proeminent)
- mouse targeting (a tooltip added, or a pre-selected enemy border - on mouse over - to see who will be selected if i press click )

I'm glad you brought up the orange line, I too had difficulty with interpreting that. I couldn't tell if that target was the active target or if it was just closer to me than the nearby target. A different color would be welcome here.

Archived Post 01-13-2010 05:27 AM

I've had this issue even changing your power settings loses your target you should be able to tab and lock the target in some way till it goes boom.

Archived Post 01-13-2010 05:34 AM

targeting bug
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FTWinston (Post 1397198)
I had this also, sometimes, and this bug wasn't present in the closed beta.

Actually yes this bug was present in closed beta. I experienced it several times. It is mostly an issue when there are a lot of ships in a fight.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:36 PM.