Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Personal Derp-y moment. (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=586931)

elandarksky 03-18-2013 10:40 AM

Personal Derp-y moment.

Today i had quite the derp moment when i was waiting for the sto launcher to .. launch.

I was with a friend who asked what's with the timer on the left?

I replied its counting down to new content, to build up hype really...

She replied 'It's wrong'

I was torn between agreeing and defending that building up the hype is a nuisance, but only to be shot down by her saying

'no.. its counting down for 2 days, yet says MAY 2013'

Confused i replied 'Yeah that's this Wednesday'

embarassed she replies.. ' but its MARCH'

What am i missing here D:

pokersmith1 03-18-2013 10:43 AM

Yeah everybody's noticed that. The best guess currently is the countdown timer is associated with a teaser-trailer release of some kind for the upcoming content update in may 2013.

capnmanx 03-18-2013 10:43 AM

It's counting down to some kind of teaser or reveal. Not the actual content which is, indeed, coming in May.

elandarksky 03-18-2013 10:45 AM

ohh

I was expecting some kind of Featured episode or something :|

Ah well, thanks ^^

ussultimatum 03-18-2013 10:46 AM

It's counting down, to the next countdown to be followed by the final countdown!!

crypticarmsman 03-18-2013 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elandarksky (Post 8642671)
ohh

I was expecting some kind of Featured episode or something :|

Ah well, thanks ^^

^^^
Thing is -- we won't know exactly what it's counting down to, until it hits zero and they release whatever info they're planning to release (and it'll probably auto appear on that site - with the site suddenly having more info then just the current 'splash page'.)

I could be announcing gthe release of an FE series that leads up to the release of the 'Not-Season-8' May update; some further 'concrete' info regarding the May update, a teaser trailer or hell - even ANOTHER countdown ;) <---- Although that would probably cause a forum riot.

In the end, we won't know until they (Cryptic) actually tell us.:confused:;)

neoakiraii 03-18-2013 10:51 AM

We're leaving together
But still it's farewell
And maybe we'll come back
To earth, who can tell?
I guess there is no one to blame
We're leaving ground
Will things ever be the same again?

It's the final countdown

hevach 03-18-2013 10:56 AM

Countdowns to announcements accompanied by release targets are common in the gaming industry. Microsoft has one running right now to the Xbox 3 announcement at E3. The countdown hits 0 on the second day of E3, but the dates accompanying it are the start of E3 and, "Fall 2013." Sony just ended one last month with the PS4 announcement.

misterde3 03-18-2013 10:59 AM

My guess is the whole buildup leads to...Season 8 Dev Blog #1.

bpharma 03-18-2013 11:03 AM

It's a troll, nothing will happen when it hits 0.