Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Windows and General: PC, Network, and Other Technical Issues (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=401)
-   -   Game hanging repeatedly on load screens (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=587381)

lagunad 03-18-2013 06:28 PM

Game hanging repeatedly on load screens

I have not been able to successfully change zones on any character for the last 30+ minutes.

The load screen counts for several minutes, then I am booted to character selection.

Zone transitions that have hung:

Sol system -> Fleet Starbase System
Fleet Starbase System -> Starbase ("Dock")
Sector space -> Tuffli Bridge

The game is completely unplayable.

mattgrant 03-18-2013 06:32 PM

I was just about to create a thread for the same reason, though I didn't know it was so wide spread as to affect all zone changes. For my part, the game locks up in the loading screen every time I have tried to get to my ship's bridge. I imagine now that if I try any other sort of zoning, the same problem will occur.

jam062307 03-18-2013 06:37 PM

Games locking up for me when I try to get to my Fleet SB interior.

maxvitor 03-18-2013 06:37 PM

I was thinking of spending some money in game tonight, instead I'm getting "Timeout while waiting for GameServer address".
I guess I should be thankful to whatever guardian angle is looking out for my wallet.
If they can't keep it running smoothly now, God now what it's gonna be like when May comes around.

maltinpolar 03-18-2013 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lagunad (Post 8650151)
I have not been able to successfully change zones on any character for the last 30+ minutes.

The load screen counts for several minutes, then I am booted to character selection.

Zone transitions that have hung:

Sol system -> Fleet Starbase System
Fleet Starbase System -> Starbase ("Dock")
Sector space -> Tuffli Bridge

The game is completely unplayable.

Aye, aye.

I've been having the same problem, but for the last couple hours. 3 out of 5 load screens freeze indefinitely at under 30% then I get a GameServer Timeout error message then game client crashes either to character selection or to login screen. It's the same with all my toons.

lowqfah 03-18-2013 06:40 PM

When I try to map move to New Romulus the game hangs and i get an "Timed out waiting for game server response error". This is the first time moving this character to New Romulus, so i think it is habging on the load for the cinematic.

krilldarn 03-18-2013 06:41 PM

the game has been doinggthe same for me. Every time i try to continue the mission and beam to the planet it grinds to a halt then times out.... Did i really pay for this?

jake477 03-18-2013 06:42 PM

Same here

I can't even play it anymore, i just tried a few seconds ago. Total BS i was on a roll with starbase stuff.

glave027 03-18-2013 06:43 PM

I'm getting the same issue trying to beam to Sierra for the Minefields mission. Thing that sucks is that if you log out, you get bumped to public space and have to do the patrol fights all over again.

goakiller9001 03-18-2013 06:43 PM

Having the same issue.