Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Windows and General: PC, Network, and Other Technical Issues (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=401)
-   -   D2D Client download corrupt or Invalid?!?! HELP!!!! (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=58806)

Archived Post 01-12-2010 11:56 PM

D2D Client download corrupt or Invalid?!?! HELP!!!!

This is crazy!

I FINALLY downloaded all 8gbs of the client from D2D (to get an acceptable transfer rate) and when I double clicked the ZIP file i got a message:

X! The Compressed (zipped) folder is invalid or corrupt.

THATS IT! If anyone has ANY clue what this is all about, I will be in your eternal STO-related debt.

Will I ever make it to my star ship?!

Archived Post 01-13-2010 12:00 AM

I also downloaded the D2D beta client and I had no problems at all with the file so sounds like there is something wrong in your end. I am afraid I dont have any advice since I dont encountered the problem just wanted to let you know its not D2D's file that is the problem.

Ragards
Samirah

Archived Post 01-13-2010 12:07 AM

:rolleyes:Brand new computer. I'm talkin days old. Aside from my drivers, some photos and music from my cell phone, this is like...the only thing I've done online. My internet connection is fantastic. When I finally learned that D2D had good transfer rates, I went there and consistently get 1.5mps. I'm downloading it again and will probably be done in another few hours and if I get the same thing, I just might smash a bottle over my head.

Archived Post 01-13-2010 12:26 AM

I just solved this on my computer, except it was with fileplanet. The problem was in the program I was using to unpack the files. Try using 7-Zip, and see if that solves the issue :)

Archived Post 01-13-2010 12:30 AM

I too downloaded D2D's version, and it worked fine. Did you use their download manager or go for a direct HTTP download through a regular browser?

Either way it sounds as if you're the proud owner of a corrupt file and no matter how much we discuss it, at some point you will have to download again.

Having said that, if you did you the D2D downloader, there was no "Now you must extract a zip" during the process (it took care of that at end of processing the file), you simply opened the folder thru the download manager and ran setup.exe.

if you did not use the downloader and went for a direct download, then maybe you need a different version of zip..? Check D2D forums for similar problems ;)

Hope the next download works...

Archived Post 01-13-2010 12:46 AM

Fail zip file

I downloaded from FileShack and noticed the file size of this site was 6.3 Gig while on others it was higher. After getting the file downloaded... I was not able to open the archive because of the error message that it was invalid.

I tried using 7-zip, but it only extracted 3mg worth of files.

If anyone has any ideas that would be great... otherwise... it looks like another long download awaits me.

Archived Post 01-13-2010 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gigglephish (Post 1395790)
I downloaded from FileShack and noticed the file size of this site was 6.3 Gig while on others it was higher. After getting the file downloaded... I was not able to open the archive because of the error message that it was invalid.

I tried using 7-zip, but it only extracted 3mg worth of files.

If anyone has any ideas that would be great... otherwise... it looks like another long download awaits me.

I also have a corrupt version from fileshack. I wish people would stop blaming the user's, saying it on their end. Something is wrong with alot of these downloads. I download crap constantly, and never run into a problem. File shack does not work for me either btw. Thanks Cryptic.

Archived Post 01-13-2010 01:10 AM

I have gotten corruppted dpwnloads from file planet ten ton hammer and now file shack. Ivalid errors, check bit version errors... I dont know what to do now.

Archived Post 01-13-2010 01:10 AM

:D:D
Nemesiz416, I am forever in your debt!!!! I used 7-zip and everything appears to have worked! I'll stop download number two post haste!!

Nemesiz416, whats your user name in-game? You have unlimited hyposprays from this doctor...Now to wait the ages for the 10gb of patching.
See you in the Alpha Quadrent!

/hopes for fewer hangups!

Archived Post 01-13-2010 01:21 AM

download the torrent! i tell you know it will work. fixed me right up and now im patching!!! hahaha:D

oh yeah only redownload the exe. file from the torrent. you can select just that. took me ten minutes. i would suggest this to any download problems. any problem at all related to downloads